Opinion of Premier Insurance Partners

Jerard

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pork County
Greetings all,

I am returning to the business after doing "other stuff" for 20 years. I did debit for about 5 years. So I have been checking (carefully) on where I want to hang my shingle.

I talked to a guy at Premier Insurance Partners and can't really find anything good or bad to go on. The only thing I've found on here is that one of the guys that's on the board has a history with Amerilife. Their commissions are as high as if you were dealing directly with the companies. For example, if I write for Stonebridge it is 115%. Most of the companies will vest you (incidentally, I had the Monumental contract all filled out and read that they don't vest you). I would appreciate any feedback from anyone that has had dealings with them or a critique of their website. The website is: pip1 DOT com (being under 10 postings the system won't let me add a URL).

My original plan was to go completely independent and stay away from the IMO's but this was shown to me from a friend that's been independent for over 40 years and that I've known for 20. I trust his opinion but I like confirmations, also.

Any thoughts, guys (or gals)?

Thanks...

Jerard said:
Greetings all,

I am returning to the business after doing "other stuff" for 20 years. I did debit for about 5 years. So I have been checking (carefully) on where I want to hang my shingle.

I talked to a guy at Premier Insurance Partners and can't really find anything good or bad to go on. The only thing I've found on here is that one of the guys that's on the board has a history with Amerilife. Their commissions are as high as if you were dealing directly with the companies. For example, if I write for Stonebridge it is 115%. Most of the companies will vest you (incidentally, I had the Monumental contract all filled out and read that they don't vest you). I would appreciate any feedback from anyone that has had dealings with them or a critique of their website. The website is: pip1 DOT com (being under 10 postings the system won't let me add a URL).

My original plan was to go completely independent and stay away from the IMO's but this was shown to me from a friend that's been independent for over 40 years and that I've known for 20. I trust his opinion but I like confirmations, also.

Any thoughts, guys (or gals)?

Thanks...

I've not heard anything bad. But ALWAYS look at 10-year commissions NOT 1st year. Many FMOs will screw you out of 40-50% on your years 2-10.

Compare compare compare!

Yea..I knew there was a relationship there somewhere. I talked to Amerilife and didn't like the idea of 8am raa raa meetings 6 days a week. That and the 33% comm rate. As far as PIP goes I keep asking myself what advantages would be to work with them. I kind of like the free website idea. I guess what is bad is that you're contracting with two companies instead of one if you were to go direct. As long as I can set my own hours it seems like a toss up. Since it's been 20 years since I've last sold a policy it would be nice to be able to call someone up if I had a question. Any thoughts on my philosophy?

I have a few med Supp contracts with them and Keith Hanson is great to deal with. He always returns my calls in a timely fashion and always finds solutions to my problems I call him with. I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say they don't vest your contract. Mine are vested 100% immediately.
I actually didn't know they were connected with amerilife but I really don't care either. I have no reason to move my contracts because I have the highest you can get with the ones I have through them. PIP has treated me great and have been very generous with commissions.

I have a few med Supp contracts with them and Keith Hanson is great to deal with. He always returns my calls in a timely fashion and always finds solutions to my problems I call him with. I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say they don't vest your contract. Mine are vested 100% immediately.
I actually didn't know they were connected with amerilife but I really don't care either. I have no reason to move my contracts because I have the highest you can get with the ones I have through them. PIP has treated me great and have been very generous with commissions.

No...I was talking about Monumental that didn't vest. PIP says most of the companies they house will vest you. I was doing the online contract with Mon and that's what I read. Now I may have been given an employee one to fill out and I wanted an independent contract. I'll have to have that clarified before I finish the contract. Sorry for the confusion.

From your experience with working through PIP would you say that your comm rate is the same as if you were directly contracted? If so, what do you feel the advantage is to working through PIP as opposed to direct contracts?

With PIP you can select what companies you want to go through. So you could go direct with Oxford Life but go under them for Foresters. I was directly appointed with a few companies but went under PIP for others. They were helpful in the few instances where I asked them for assistance. They provide good commissions as well.

With PIP you can select what companies you want to go through. So you could go direct with Oxford Life but go under them for Foresters. I was directly appointed with a few companies but went under PIP for others. They were helpful in the few instances where I asked them for assistance. They provide good commissions as well.

Thanks. They seem pretty safe.

Jerard said:
No...I was talking about Monumental that didn't vest. PIP says most of the companies they house will vest you. I was doing the online contract with Mon and that's what I read. Now I may have been given an employee one to fill out and I wanted an independent contract. I'll have to have that clarified before I finish the contract. Sorry for the confusion.

From your experience with working through PIP would you say that your comm rate is the same as if you were directly contracted? If so, what do you feel the advantage is to working through PIP as opposed to direct contracts?

On the contracts I have with them, they are much higher than I could get direct.

Back