Opinions Please

MrProvidence

Expert
To all of my opinionated :goofy:friends, I WANT your opinon. I have recently set up a new website and I would like to know what you think of it. Of course, I have other pages in the works that are not turned on yet, but I would like your ideas and expertise.

www.providenceinsurancesolutions.com

Please advise and BE NICE to me. I'm still new - hehehehehe.

Thanks
Mike

It's not a bad informational brochure. I'd spend the money or time to get a high resolution image of yourself if you want to be on it. The low dot pitch throws off the flow a bit. Also, what's up with the candy canes on the about us page? Not bad for a "presence" site though.

Couple of things that will help:

1 - you might consider getting a toll-free number and prominently displaying it on the site. It will increase your call volume.

2 - have someone do a nice, professional looking picture for your site. the one on there now is ok but I think detracts a bit from your image.

3 - page titling: your home page titles as "Home" and so on with the other pages. It's too generic for DMOZ and the search engines to care about. I am a big believer in descriptive page titles.

Your home page titles should be something like:

"Providence Insurance Solutions: Independent Insurance Agent Serving Michigan Residents Since 2002". Do your other pages similar but with specifics to content in the title. If you look at my site, you will see the specific titling for each page.

4 - you need META on this site, META keywords, META description and so on.

I think the site has a nice look although I would go away from too much bold text - it's ok for titles and to highlight a point or word, but it is hard for people to read if it is whole paragraph or page. People want a site that is informative and easy on the eye.

Your color scheme is good, at least I think it is. Relaxing, doesn't make me want to click off of the page.

5 - reduce the image size on your "Needs" page. It is too wide and distorts the page and looks bad.

That should help you get more calls, get more business and get more action off of the web.

Thanks guys for the help. I have edited the website some. Unfortunately, I do not have another pic of myself to replace the original one. Please Re-review and give me your opinions again. I will replace the pic of myself ASAP.

I understand that at this point it is mainly informational. I am awaiting appointments from several insurance companies. Each allows me to have a free website that I can add to MY website for quoting purposes. I really like Dave's website and the functionality of it. That is my ultimate purpose.

Thanks again for your brutal honesty. That's why I love it here - :biggrin:

Why would a prospective client care that you are an "affiliate" of AHCP and Health Choice One? Means nothing to them...

Because it's who my contracts are through. Most won't care, but for the discriminating person - it gives them more to research.

Is there a dominating opinion on why or why not to include that?

Because it's who my contracts are through. Most won't care, but for the discriminating person - it gives them more to research.

Is there a dominating opinion on why or why not to include that?

Yes, people don't buy AHCP insurance, they buy Humana, Unicare, UHC, etc.

Yes, people don't buy AHCP insurance, they buy Humana, Unicare, UHC, etc.

That helps, but that's not what they buy.

First, they have to buy YOU.

If they buy YOU, then it helps to have a "brand name" that they recognize.

A good salesperson selling a marginal product will outperform a marginal salesperson selling a good product...all day long.

Back