Opportunity to Sell an Annuity

Jan 16, 2009

Tags:
  1. HealthGuy

HealthGuy Guru

State:
    Texas
    I recently stumbled upon a potential client who wants to buy an annuity. What companies are easiest to work with when sending him proposals, literature, etc...I have little to no experience with annuities, but am 6 and 63 licensed. Any ideas on the best annuity companies to offer who can provide me the best support and the client the best guaranteed rates? Is there usually a sure bet with say the top one two or three annuity companies? I know this question is very open ended but any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Call4Insurance

Call4Insurance Guest

Best company I have dealt with so far is Aviva

3. Norwayguy

Norwayguy I have spent way too much time here.

State:
    Maine
    What Amount?, Qualified or nonQualified? What is the client looking for you mention that you have a series 6 however you ask about Guaranteed rates would this be a 1 time rollover or will the policy need to accept ongoing payments and if so in what amount

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  4. bluemarlin08

bluemarlin08 Guru

If you aren't experienced with annuities, find an agent that is and split the case. Lots of different options available.

5. Charpress

Charpress Guru

State:
    Louisiana
    My thoughts exactly. Either take a couple of weeks out of your life and learn annuities, the companies, and the products, or let someone else handle this.

Also, the worst thing you can do is give any potential client a company brochure. That will kill a sale every time.

6. bobson

bobson Guru

Assurity has some great rates right now.

bobson, Jan 16, 2009
  7. jaugusta

jaugusta Super Genius

State:
    Tennessee
    I love Aviva.

jaugusta, Jan 16, 2009
  8. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    If qualified, what would be the reason to put tax-deferred inside of tax-deferred? Doesn't make any sense.

9. bluemarlin08

bluemarlin08 Guru

One reason is if an annuity offers a higher guaranteed return than other options.

10. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    Makes sense Ned. I haven't been active in that market for a long while. How do-able is that in today's environment?