Optimizing Appointments After Seminars

Freddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a few coming up. Anyone have any tips or things they have used to optimize appoints without strong arming people?

I have a few things they can come in for but was wondering if any pros had some tips. If you want to send a private message that would be fine. Thanks for any help. :)

I highly recommend reading this book. You can buy it for $0.75 plus shipping on Half.com:

Seminars: The Emotional Dynamic Advanced Presentation Techniques for Financial Professionals Author: Frank Maselli

I highly recommend reading this book. You can buy it for $0.75 plus shipping on Half.com:

Seminars: The Emotional Dynamic Advanced Presentation Techniques for Financial Professionals Author: Frank Maselli

XRac - thank you. I have it. I will go through the appointment section again. I have been rereading it. Thanks..

How you are acquiring clients for your seminars will affect the appointment setting means to an extent.

What type of seminars are you doing?
Is there any type of incentive to come?

All of this will affect your rapport with the prospects, and ultimately the best way to go about setting an appointment with them.

Having a RSVP system (with their contact info) for the seminar is a good way to go. Then you give them a phone call the day after thanking them for their attendance and asking them their opinion of the seminar; then after you feel out their experience you ask for the appointment.

The same thing can be done with a sign in sheet for attendees of the seminar.

Combining the two works well.

Actually asking the whole audience for an appointment doesnt work that bad either... better with small groups though imo, just because its easier to actually take down any appointments with a small audience...lol. But you cant be demanding or pushy about it... its all in the delivery!!
(I am assuming your doing retirement income type seminars) Say something like:
" I want to thank you all for attending, and hopefully you have found some value in what we have talked about today. Obviously you have an interest in securing and optimizing your retirement income, estate, and the overall wealth that you have crated for yourself. At this point your probably thinking about how what we have talked about today relates to your individual situation. And you might be wondering exactly what steps need to be taken based on your individual situation.
Well, the only way to determine this is to sit down and speak with a trusted advisor. Hopefully after today we have gained your trust as a knowledgeable advisor. By just sitting down with us for a quick 30 minute review, you can take the first step toward finding out the right steps to take.

In your information packet there is an appointment scheduling card you can fill out, just hand it to one of us as you leave and we will contact you tomorrow to confirm the date and time."

Also, sending a thank you card to everyone with your contact info helps.
To take that a step further, you can enclose a prestamped self addressed envelope and an appointment scheduling card for them to send back.
You can jot down some variation of my "hopefully we gained your trust" portion of my spill above.

Hope this helps

I use seminars, but what I do is after the seminar, I make an appointment right then and there. If you let them go, its much harder to set appointment the next day, people get busy and lalygag all the time.

Back