Options for New Agent

RodeoAnnouncer

Hello everyone,

I've been recruited by SFG but am looking at all of my options, I was just approved for licensing. I'm looking to make a good living a few days a week with a phenomenal work ethic, I work in the rodeo business on the weekends but have 4 days during most weeks to sell and build business. I'll need some coaching and training but prefer not to start off at 60% when I read online there are places offering 90%-110% for new agents.

What are my options before signing my life away to SFG?

Thank you!

You can either go captive or non captive, AKA independent agent. Ultimately, you’ll make better money, have more control, and enjoy more freedom as an independent agent. Some people choose to start out as captive for a short time to learn the ropes. Are you comfortable working for yourself and investing enough to generate your own leads or do you need more hand holding than that? These are the sorts of questions you’ll need to ask yourself. I’m sure if you dig around on here you’ll find some good options either way.

Well a lot of people on here will tell you to generate your own leads or hire a company that knows how to do that for insurance agents at a fair price. I have purchased live transfer leads, “exclusive” internet leads, and everything in between. Some are garbage and some are decent. I’d say as you’re just starting out you should have a couple thousand to spend over the first month to month and a half depending on what you decide to invest in. One thing you can do that will help your bottom line at a relatively low investment is get licensed in as many other states as possible beyond your home state. Another thing, if you’re open to it, is to sell a diverse range of products. Some people only sell life insurance or only sell med supps. You won’t want to take on a wide range initially but when you feel you’ve mastered one add another. For example, once you’ve got a decent system for selling life you might add med supps or vice versa. That’s how I’m done it and it’s worked well for me.

Hello, New Agent here.

Please recommend an FMO.

I was briefly with Healthmarkets four years ago and left and went inactive.
I only sold health insurance thru United and never got paid from HM.
So I left after a few months. Im still appointed with United for individual health only.

Does most FMOS that help you contract with UHC for example; have assignment in the contract?

Im looking at Ritter?

Who do I need to avoid?

How to proceed?

Im interested now in selling Medicare and Supps.

Any info you provide will be greatly appreciated.

Back