Ordering Medicare Cards Just Got Harder

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
Ordering a client a new Medicare card used to be a five minute customer service issue. Now, all we can do is encourage them to set up a myssa.gov account or give them the phone number to order it themselves.

Typical move for our gov'ment, make it harder and take longer to do just about everything.

Ordering a client a new Medicare card used to be a five minute customer service issue. Now, all we can do is encourage them to set up a myssa.gov account or give them the phone number to order it themselves.

Typical move for our gov'ment, make it harder and take longer to do just about everything.

Yep. Just went into the site. It's now asking for the account like you said. I once tried to help a sweet elderly friend print out a copy of her MA card from the MA website via "create an account". After I did so, the carrier sent her a letter that advised her that she created an account and to call them if They didn't? I came clean with her and asked her not to call the carrier. She appreciated my help, but I wouldn't want to do that for just anyone anymore. Never know what some clients (or their kids) might think.

Back