Oregon Exchange Experiences

number9

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Please tell me your experiences about the Oregon exchange. Other agents are telling me there clients aren't getting approved for tax credits and there kids are being pushed on to Medicaid. The exchange is routinely entering in zero income even though the paper app they had to use showed differently.

Thanks!

My experience has been sad. I've experienced what you described but also problems with missing apps, apps with errors within the system that require resubmitting via paper apps + fax, and tons of delays.

It's been absolutely brutal! I'll be surprised if I get $5 per hour out of this business when it is all said and done. Thanks for the feedback. If you haven't seen this attached is a great article about Cover Oregon from the Lund report:

Cover Oregon Halts Advertising Campaign | The Lund Report

It is very questionable the exchange will have funding for 2015. I would not write any more business here as you will probably be on a federal exchange soon.

It's been absolutely brutal! I'll be surprised if I get $5 per hour out of this business when it is all said and done. Thanks for the feedback. If you haven't seen this attached is a great article about Cover Oregon from the Lund report:

Cover Oregon Halts Advertising Campaign | The Lund Report

It is very questionable the exchange will have funding for 2015. I would not write any more business here as you will probably be on a federal exchange soon.

The incompetence of the governmental bureaucracies is absolutely incredible.

Just an update in case anyone was wondering (I'm sure you were). The agent portal appears to be functional now. I've enrolled a number of clients this week with absolutely no problem at all. I'm not excited about the long term implications of the PPACA, but at least the enrollment process seems to have improved significantly.

Back