Oscar “health insurance”

Let's see...Josh Kushner heavily involved, history of fucking associates and customers, licensed in few states, using/renting restricted networks, selling smoke and mirrors as features, priced under market in areas where other carriers are bailing, not turned a profit, the list goes on. I wouldn't insure my dog with Oscar.

Friend who helps people with large claims says it's the worst carrier ever.

There's a big difference between "profit" and "revenue".

They've reported negative profit since inception. Unless something changes, the only question is "how long will investors fund these losses?"

The link basically means they were able to find a sh**pot of money to fund their big adventure.

Networks have been shrinking with each passing year. They may eventually find the right combination.

One of their challenges is they are targeting millenials. Folks that understand technology and don't want to be bothered with detail.

These same folks usually don't keep the plans very long . . . unless they are sick.

The under 40 crowd is probably one of the worst target markets. Low premiums + low persistency is not a good combination.

In this deal they not only get AXA $$$ but also have figured out a way to burn some reinsurers.

What a country!

I'd be interested in finding a Trump or Kuschner business that was successfully run where the principals dealt with integrity and still made money. Those that easily come up in a search either went belly up or screwed partners or customers. Some screwed and went belly up.

24 co-ops . . . .

New Mexico Health Connections, one of the four remaining nonprofit Obamacare Co-ops, did not inform its customers in June that it was insolvent and its entire board had resigned, The Daily Caller News Foundation has learned.

It also never told its customers the nonprofit paid its executives up to $450,000 in annual salaries.

The nonprofit, one of 24 Co-op’s originally set up under Obamacare
EXCLUSIVE: Insolvent New Mexico Obamacare Co-op Boasted Six-Figure Salaries

Back