Other Insurance Agent Requests Quote, Pretending to Be a Prospective Client

ChubbyChecker

I received a phone call from someone requesting various life insurance quotes. The caller specifically stated that he wanted a quote for himself . After spending many hours preparing the illustrations I googled the caller's phone number. The number belongs to an insurance agent who works for a competing agency. He gave a fake name. How should I respond?

Call him back and ask him for some quotes from his company, quotes for you lol. Or, ask him to meet your for lunch, then call him out on his BS. Then show him that you have a better setup than him, and recruit him.

Call him back and ask him for some quotes from his company, quotes for you lol. Or, ask him to meet your for lunch, then call him out on his BS. Then show him that you have a better setup than him, and recruit him.

Order a really nice lunch and then say you have to go to the bathroom but actually leave. :)

I received a phone call from someone requesting various life insurance quotes. The caller specifically stated that he wanted a quote for himself . After spending many hours preparing the illustrations I googled the caller's phone number. The number belongs to an insurance agent who works for a competing agency. He gave a fake name. How should I respond?

Kick his ass!:yes:

Have you given him the information? What exactly did you do that took hours?
I would likely call him out on it and find out what he's after.

Unless this is someone you were already working with, or a referral, that should've been your first clue. People just don't call for life insurance quotes unless they've just been to the doctor recently and found out some bad news. You should've also asked "How did you hear about us/me?" Even then, why would a self-actualizing buyer go through an agent, when there are countless websites that will help consumers quote rates and select coverage?

I'd send a bill for doing work under false pretenses. $100 + an hourly rate... or a per quote rate. Free quotes don't apply to like-licensed individuals. Send it all in the mail. Write a note like: "Your requested quotes are attached. Please pay your bill promptly for the quotes generated at my expense of time and expertise. Free quotes are available to the public, but not to those who are licensed as I am who have no sales contract relationship with me." Remember, you took "hours" to put these quotes together under false pretenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless this is someone you were already working with, or a referral, that should've been your first clue. People just don't call for life insurance quotes unless they've just been to the doctor recently and found out some bad news. You should've also asked "How did you hear about us/me?" Even then, why would a self-actualizing buyer go through an agent, when there are countless websites that will help consumers quote rates and select coverage?

I'd send a bill for doing work under false pretenses. $100 + an hourly rate... or a per quote rate. Free quotes don't apply to like-licensed individuals. Send it all in the mail. Write a note like: "Your requested quotes are attached. Please pay your bill promptly for the quotes generated at my expense of time and expertise. Free quotes are available to the public, but not to those who are licensed as I am who have no sales contract relationship with me." Remember, you took "hours" to put these quotes together under false pretenses.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEMd6NDT5Z8

Then he will laugh, throw it away, and you never get paid. Unless you're an advisor, you cant charge.

Back