Our experience with InsureMe

insurehound

Guru
100+ Post Club
Escondido
I thought I would pass this along. We have been clients of InsureMe ever since they began operation. The lead quality for both Life & LTC were really good up until about a year ago. Now, there is less interest from the prospect/lead and we seem to get more of..."you're the 8th guy who has called me".

Now I know the lead is as only good as the salesperson...or at least it's a big part of it but the fact is we closed many more a couple of years ago as to compared to now.

We have tried several other companies including ABC Leads and a couple of others that I can't remember right now with similar results.

I thought I would pass this along. We have been clients of InsureMe ever since they began operation. The lead quality for both Life & LTC were really good up until about a year ago. Now, there is less interest from the prospect/lead and we seem to get more of..."you're the 8th guy who has called me".

Now I know the lead is as only good as the salesperson...or at least it's a big part of it but the fact is we closed many more a couple of years ago as to compared to now.

We have tried several other companies including ABC Leads and a couple of others that I can't remember right now with similar results.

Many lead services are swapping leads with other lead services. That makes it hard to control quality because unless the lead is generated the same way at the other lead service the quality can be dramatically different. We are seeing a lot of this going on in our industry and it is a real problem when not done right. Ask Insureme if all the leads they sell you are being generated by them or if they are buying the lead from someone else and then selling it to you. I already know the answer but I will give them the chance to answer you directly.

Michael Levy
Chairman and Founder
MostChoice.com, Inc.
The Cadillac of Insurance Leads

Many lead services are swapping leads with other lead services. That makes it hard to control quality because unless the lead is generated the same way at the other lead service the quality can be dramatically different.

Prediction: greed will eventually kill the goose that laid the Golden Egg.

PS-I'd be careful about calling yourself a "Cadillac". If you haven't noticed, General Motors is about out of business...

They are working fine for me, but you have to be fast. My wife is setting an appt for me on almost every one lately, but it is medicare season and they are more motivated than usual.

I am selling a high pct of them right now, but during the year, I sell about 1/4 -1/3 of them. That is good enough for me.

I can't say the same for our pct. We used to have that pct but not even close now. That's with being fast, calling at night, etc.

They oversell the leads. They all do. I am using 3 or 4 different ones. Insureme sends the most.

I am too busy to call them quickly, so my wife is doing it. She doesn't know anything about insurance and is only trying to set the appt. I thought it would not work as well, but it is working better than if I called them. Sometimes she will put me on the phone with them, but lately she is setting the appt most of the time. Once she found out the leads cost over $7 each she got motivated.

Prediction: greed will eventually kill the goose that laid the Golden Egg.

PS-I'd be careful about calling yourself a "Cadillac". If you haven't noticed, General Motors is about out of business...

Good point. If I don't stop typing and start doing some real work I'm going to be out of business. Posting on this board is fun but it sure can burn up the day! Signing off...

patch...is that for Life and/or LTC or health?

Medicare only. Got 2 so far today from InsureMe and 1 from QuotesAuction. 2 are set and she is still trying to reach the other.

Read the original post and it was about Life and LTC leads. We too miss opportunities when we are not first or second to call. I also followup immediately with an email back to them letting them know who we are and we will be calling, but many times my wife has already called. There are times when we get the 'you are the 6th one to call' routine and we get the brush off. It is part of the deal. If I can sell 1 out of 4 I am happy with the return. Get a lot of twofers, husband and wives, so that helps with the sales percentages or ROI.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back