Out of State Marketing

Jun 6, 2008

Tags:
  1. jerrykramer64fan

jerrykramer64fan Super Genius

Hey boys and girls, I know this probably has been brought up in the past, but I'm looking for ideas besides internet leads on marketing out of state. MI in particular.

:idea:

2. jerrykramer64fan

Actually, I'll be more specific. LOW BUDGET out of state marketing information is what I need. My first thought would be to get listings of P&C agents in MI and give them a phone call. Many of them do not work health & life and would like someone like a broker to refer their clients to, so the customer doesn't end up shopping at an agency that does both lines. Thats the cheapest and quickest way I can think. Any other ideas would be appreciated. I will be using that legs program Assurant has. If the telemarketing leads are done right they can be great. I figure $8.33 a lead isn't too bad.

:idea:

3. somarco

somarco That Medicare Expert Guy

State:
    Georgia
    Have you run out of folks to sell in WI already?

somarco, Jun 6, 2008
  4. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    While there may be good reasons to go to another state, most of the time it's simply because "the grass is greener."

I market only in California although I have licenses in about 18 other states. Once I finish up with all the people here, I'll look elsewhere.

Rick

5. jerrykramer64fan

Come walk around a mall in WI. The land of uninsurable.

:arghh:

6. jerrykramer64fan

One reason is that a couple of the companies that I sell are far more price competitive in MI.

Second reason is that the internet sure makes it attractive.
    :yes:

7. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    "Corn-fed", too much cheese/beer?

8. Delta76

Delta76 Guru

This is something I go back and forth on. The commissions aren't very competitive in my home state. I have considered marketing in MI, WI (ironically), or IA on at least a part-time basis. My other thought is to stay focused here and concentrate on producing more IFP volume or taking the time I would spend out of state focusing on the 10 to 50 group market. I still haven't reached a firm decision.

Delta76, Jun 6, 2008
  9. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    Just because you're selling in state doesn't mean anything - doesn't mean you know your products, market or sell ethically. I know MD agents who don't know about MHIP - just tell clients "sorry, I can't get you anything."

Remember - Mega agents sell in state - which makes just the mere fact that an agent is in state meaningless.

10. mcday

mcday Super Genius

State:
    Texas
    The idea is a little old school... you could buy classified advertising in the local MI papers. That's always worth a phone call every 3-4 months.

mcday, Jun 6, 2008