Outlook Alternative?

agentinsouth

Guru
100+ Post Club
I had to upgrade to the new outlook and hate the layout, formate, the all white screen, and how it automatically imports my emails as contacts... Basically I hate it. I don't want to use google. Is lotus notes still the business alternative to outlook?

What is the issue with Google? Once you learn Gmail you might like it.

Resistance is futile.

I had to upgrade to the new outlook and hate the layout, formate, the all white screen, and how it automatically imports my emails as contacts... Basically I hate it. I don't want to use google. Is lotus notes still the business alternative to outlook?

I also hate the newer versions of Outlook so still use Outlook 2003 on my Windows 8 computer-Microsoft claims it is no longer supported but I've run it for the past 3 years without major problems.

While I use Outlook 2003 for my business email I use Live Mail 2012 for my personal emails-it doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of Outlook but is a good basic email package.

I still use Word 2003 and Excel 2003 for the same reasons

Once you get used to Gmail enterprise you will love it. There is a bit of a learning curve or period of "getting used to it". But it beats the hell out of outlook any day of the week imo. For the price combined with the functions and features you get, Gmail rocks. But it does take some time to get used to the different layout if your used to outlook. But once you get used to it you will not go back.

Also, outlook and other email services have been copying gmail and their features and layout. The new Outlook is very Gmail"ish" compared to older versions. Get used to it if you plan to stay in business over the next decade....

The screen is not all white. I guess you didn't know you can change the color. I'm using a dark theme. Very readable.

Back