Outsourcing a Social Media Manager

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Looking to outsource SMM to someone who is familiar with generating traffic across YT, G+, FB and website. Using someone now but it isn't working out.

I can write the content and update on a regular basis. Need someone that can handle the nitty gritty of driving traffic across multiple platforms (YT, G+, etc).

Suggestions?

Fiverr is good.

But I think you could do it yourself, especially since you create the content (huge plus).

There are various SM automation tools can handle getting the traffic for you.

I discuss this in the Digital Insurance Agent. Give it a look when it's available.

No. But there is plenty of talent for hire there.

I'd hire 3 applicants, give them a task or tasks to complete on a probationary test, and pick the best out of the 3.

Routinely, people fall through on their commitments. And one is the loneliest number in business.

Upwork is great. I've hired multiple, high-quality appointment setters, my VA who's on her second year with me, and people sub-VAs to help with odds and ends, all using the method described above.

Have used Fiverr in the past and found a lot of inconsistency. Their contractors also tend to cut corners, something I don't care for.

I understand a lot of SMM can be automated but I don't have the time to learn something new. Really need someone with graphic art skills, SMM and a working knowledge of SEO for YT.

Have not used Upwork before but I hear good things about them. Posted a job and sent invites to 6. We will see what happens.

Plan to go on an hourly rate initially for a month or so. I can probably tell in 3 - 6 weeks if it is going to work or now. Then go to a monthly retainer.

"Looking to outsource SMM to someone who is familiar with generating traffic across YT, G+, FB and website."

With YT you'll need your own videos, whether they are slide shows, narration with B footage, or actual presentations with actor(s). Those will range in price and are necessary these days for building trust.

With the other social channels, you can just use IFTTT to syndicate articles to your channels and/or groups at set times. You can even syndicate them on Medium and other sites that have good authority.

I'd also search for every local city you can cater to, and join their FB groups (usually 1-4 depending on how big the city is) and also join the city's reddit pages. Everyone is always asking for recommendations for insurance quotes. Not saying this is whitehat, but a well placed social media profile asking for med supp quotes and another one recommending your site, once in a while, to all of these groups will produce a steady flow of leads to your website.

Personally I'd recommend people to have 3-10 videos that cover their main keywords, how their process works, and some testimonials.
Then have your choice of optin:
1. Get an instant quote in exchange for info
2. Get a quote in 24 hours emailed to them
3. A sample quote report that entices them to book your calendly page

That's all for organic traffic, if you want paid, you could do it with FB, YT and Adwords - but personally that could be expensive where as the method I've outlined above should work pretty well.

@somarco were you looking for someone to manage paid advertising on those channels or organic traffic?

Right now, just organic.

Found someone I hope will work out. We will see.

If you are for hire I can't afford you.

With YT you'll need your own videos, whether they are slide shows, narration with B footage, or actual presentations with actor(s). Those will range in price and are necessary these days for building trust.

Doing my own.

The Naked Medicare Guy series. Catchy title, huh? Kind of a twist on the Underwear Agent.

use IFTTT to syndicate articles

You mean this?
https://www.computerworld.com/artic...tt-how-to-use-if-this-then-that-services.html

I'd also search for every local city you can cater to, and join their FB groups (usually 1-4 depending on how big the city is) and also join the city's reddit pages. Everyone is always asking for recommendations for insurance quotes. Not saying this is whitehat, but a well placed social media profile asking for med supp quotes and another one recommending your site, once in a while, to all of these groups will produce a steady flow of leads to your website.

Good idea.

But, if it isn't whitehat, what is it? Don't need to end up in Google Purgatory.

Thanks for all the good advice as usual. Don't send me a bill. I can't afford you either.

You mean this?
What is IFTTT? How to use If This, Then That services

Yes

But, if it isn't whitehat, what is it? Don't need to end up in Google Purgatory.

I would say when it comes to building backlinks, that's when you need to be more careful about staying white hat vs black hat. When it comes to funneling social media traffic, big G wouldn't be able to figure out what's what - so there's nothing to penalize. You could however get banned from the groups or subreddits if you were figured out, so always remember:
1. Never use gmail
2. Vary your IP - good way is to use your cell phone as a hot spot, everytime you reconfigure and turn it on it's got a different LOCAL IP address
3. Season the profiles so they don't seem obvious
4. Don't be captain obvious

Back