Overcoming Door Knocking and Setting Appointments Rejections

I think in the end we are saying the same thing. We all need effective relationships, ones in which our prospects/clients feel comfortable enough with us to do business with us and then comfortable enough to refer family and friends.
Yes, I agree that starts with one person. My point is, I am trying to utilize the fastest and most effective way to find that one person.
What I teach my agents is to find the most effective usage of time so that you can utilize multiple methods of marketing to find that "one person".
I too knocked on doors of business owners and it somewhat worked but it did not (in my experience) work as well as a catchy fax or postcard followed up by a strategically timed phone call. I think if you have been in this business for more than 5 years, we are all eloquent, well dressed and maintain a professional demeanor. I think those things are a given to an insurance professional who has made this their life.
I think in the end we agree, where we differ is on the strategy of finding that one person who is a quality prospect.

I went door knocking and tried to set some appointments the other day. The three most common objections I get are

1. "Oh, I just wanted some quotes"

2. "I don't remember sending this in" / "I didn't send this in"

3. " I already have insurance and don't need any more"

Any advice on how to overcome these objections and turn them into a sale?

I try to be very vague from the start and then when they start with the objections I simply say something like

"tell ya what, if we can sit down for 5 minutes, I promise to be quick. You are either going to be very happy and pleasantly surprised, or not, and then we can shake hands and I will be on my way. just 5 minutes, real quick!"

I nod my head, move towards the door, and position myself as if I am going into the house with them. Body language is important. With the right body language and approach, you can eliminate a lot of these objections!

Here's one that I filmed a couple years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Great that's why I'm here. Where can we sit down?

2. Here's the card you filled out (show them the card). I'm just here to give you the information you're eligible to receive. Where can we sit down?

3. Ok...? I'm just here to give you the information you're eligible to receive. Where can we sit down?

Everyone else can debate the merits of doorknocking, but I wouldn't go much further into the thread, these answers are gold.
I tried the where can we sit down twice the other day and worked both times.

Door knocking is a old process . You can try email marketing or try to engage in data base management creation and try. I think its better than what you are doing.

Back