Overcoming rejections or objections

richreeves

Expert
A lot of friends who want to have a career as insurance sales professionals are asking me lately about the techniques I use to overcome rejections and objections. So I got curious about how others defeat it. How do you handle rejections or objections? Do you have techniques to turn it around?

Yep. I don't get them in the first place.

Actually, right now, I'm wondering who these "friends" are and why you aren't just sending them here?

And, I'd like to hear from YOU how you handle objections. You ask a lot of questions, but don't necessarily add much in content.

Last edited:
I always just tell them a story about what happened to a client of one my friends as I'm too chicken **** to admit it really happened to me and one of my clients.

Post us what the objection is and I am sure we all heard it before in our careers. It is very rare for me to hear some objection I have not heard before. As others pointed out, getting an objection means something wrong in your approach anyway in most cases. You will get objections from folks who dont give a F*** about the world. There is nothing you can do that will change their minds. The trick is to avoid them.

A lot of friends that tell me they would like to talk to an insurance agent that doesn't try to overcome their objections and just leave them alone after they tell them no.

:1wink:

When your level of passion, conviction, and enthusiasm is greater than your prospects level of concern, apprehension, and uncertainty you'll never have to worry about dealing with rejection or objections.

When your level of passion, conviction, and enthusiasm is greater than your prospects level of concern, apprehension, and uncertainty you'll never have to worry about dealing with rejection or objections.

When you want (need) the sale more than they want to buy your product... you have a problem. They will sense your NEED and back away.

Back