Overcoming Specific Objections

This is all about closing on the first appointment, which is fine, but only for certain types of policies.

A more consultative and 2-3 appointment close will eliminate these objections all together. And more than likely double your AP....

But, otherwise, good stuff, maybe for FE type policies.

This is all about closing on the first appointment, which is fine, but only for certain types of policies.

A more consultative and 2-3 appointment close will eliminate these objections all together. And more than likely double your AP....

But, otherwise, good stuff, maybe for FE type policies.

Good points...the "one call close" method is a sales model. It is not client-centered or client focused...it is focused on closing a sale in one call. The focal point is not the client.

I know one producer, who does in excess of $1mm annually in premium -- and he is not in the FE marketplace -- and most of his cases are one call closes, but he is truly the most unique individual I have ever seen in my entire career. He sells life insurance -- whole life, UL, term, etc. His process does not "short" the client at all, but again, he is truly one of a kind.

The author calls it "The No Obligation" close but it's really the "Free Look" close and it's a weak closing method in my opinion.

While there are good points made here, I am more concerned about business staying on the books than closing in one visit. A lot of his approach seems to center around staying there until they cave in to get him out the door.

I wonder if he sells, what his persistency is?

For me, nothing worse than working hard, getting paid and giving it back a month or two later. In fact, I go as earned because it, as chargebacks are a B word.

Thank you for sharing the post about objections. Agreed that most objections can be based around trust, value, need.

Yes all salespeople get objections. How we handle them can separate the avg producer form the successful one. If I may here's some food for thought.

Most objections should be handled in our 'open talk'. in other words anticipate the most common objections, bring it up to the prospect before the do and answer it on your own terms and get them to agree. (trial closes)

Lastly most agents get defensive or hesitant when getting objections. I like to think differently. I LOVE objections. I view objections as an opportunity

Objections just gives me another opportunity to express to my prospect the benefits of what we are working on together, the passion I have and the confidence in what we are doing is right for them.

Hope this helps

While there are good points made here, I am more concerned about business staying on the books than closing in one visit. A lot of his approach seems to center around staying there until they cave in to get him out the door.

I wonder if he sells, what his persistency is?

For me, nothing worse than working hard, getting paid and giving it back a month or two later. In fact, I go as earned because it, as chargebacks are a B word.

Exactly my point. His using the "think about it" close was the first clue to the cluelessness.

I am so glad some other professionals jumped in on this before me and are saying all that I am thinking as well.
A lot of what the author is advocating is what I call the "Beat Them On The Head Until They Sign The F*king Check" method and it is the reason I stopped selling life insurance and moved to group benefits and Medicare.
The only line this guy didn't show us was the dreadful "I understand you want to think about it. Most rational people do wish for time to think about this. I do have to ask though. Would you like to think about it insured or uninsured?" Oh man, I am getting the skeevies just thinking about it.

Back