Overwhelmed with State Portion of Exam

catowned

Expert
I'm scheduled for my FL exam on Friday for life & health. The last two chapters covering the state part are overwhelming me.:swoon: I printed them out, and made flashcards of all the parts that had astericks by them to especially study for the exam. I'm still not "getting" a lot of it though.:no: It is just *so much.* I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by it. Some things I'm having a hard time understanding like the ERISA part with MEWA and PEO. I'm having a hard time remembering the key requirements of the FEHCAA.:1confused: I'm not giving up but I feel overwhelmed right now.
Thanks for listening! :)

Catowned there's only so many questions they can ask. Your putting too much pressure on yourself. In many test one question may give you the answer to another so calm down and just study. The key to the test (with any test) is to take your time and READ the questions.

There's no need to put yourself in such pressure. Your going to take the test so just study and do your best..Just READ the questions..

I did really well on that FL test (high 80's).

The key is to READ THE CHAPTERS AND DO THE QUESTIONS AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER AND THE PRACTICE TESTS.

Make notes too. Remember to get something in the ole noggin you should read it or write it at least seven times.

The flash cards are good as well.

Here is a freebie: part D is drugs (associate D with Drugs) one way or another that will help with one easy one.

I found that it was much more important to understand concepts or what I was reading than to memorize things. You have to do a little thinking with that test.

It is also a test about being a good test taker. They ask you questions in strange ways to try and confuse you. Just read it out and do your best. Take your time. I wouldn't advice hurrying only to go back and change your answers.

I flagged like half the questions for follow-up. If I would of went back and changed them (only had like 5 minutes at the end) I would of failed. Instead I got like 87 or 88 points. I'm so glad I didn't have much time left when done (5 minutes).

Might want to take an aspirin before the test too. Look at it this way, if you don't pass, you will have an idea of how the test works. I swear I thought I failed when I was done. I was up from 5pm till the morning of the test studying. I was beat! When I got my score I couldn't believe it.

You can do it!

Oh also know how many days you have to change your address if you move (that is there for sure) and the other states which our license can be shared.

Last edited:
Test taking skills are very important and were a large part of my L&H and P&C classes. Knowing how to do this will help you answer questions correctly that you may be unsure of the answer. It helped me pass both on my first try.

It is too much for me to type on the forum but I will gladly discuss this with you on the phone if you want. I know these skills were a huge help to me.

I was informed that (at least here in PA) they let you do what they call a memory dump. They will give you a sheet of paper, and let you write everything from memory on it... and you are able to use this during your test. I don't know if other states allow it, or how true it actually is for PA.

Thank you all so much for the advice!:cool:

Cornelius, your right! The worse that happens is I have to retake it. :)

Ob1kanobee, thank you for the tips! Sixty days is one of my flashcards! :1biggrin:You know what? I went to the VUE test center to find out how long most test takers take. (To arrange a sitter. I didn't want to schedule the sitter for 4 hours if most people only take 30 minutes..) The man said try not to go back and change answers that is where he has seen people get into trouble.:no:

VaDwayne, would you pm me? I can't pm until I have 20 posts! I can pm you back with my phone # if I'm able to pm back!

Fdahl82, I hope they do that here! I know that has saved me with every math test after 9th grade! :embarrassed:

take a full day off and enjoy your family. Get back to the books the next day. You would be surprised how much better and less stressed I felt.

I was informed that (at least here in PA) they let you do what they call a memory dump. They will give you a sheet of paper, and let you write everything from memory on it... and you are able to use this during your test. I don't know if other states allow it, or how true it actually is for PA.

This must be state specific. I just took the test in Colorado and that is not allowed.:no:

Fetam, Thank you! Sometimes a break does so much good!:yes:

Billyg, I'll update on Friday on the FL procedure!:laugh:

Lostnytechie, Thank you and good luck!!! Happy studying!:1cool:

Back