Oxford E-app Requires WET Signature?

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
I've submitted a fair amount of supplements with Oxford in the past few months using their voice signature process. It's been great until yesterday when I was informed that they now require a wet signature on the EFT and replacement forms.

I found this out after submitting two apps. I was told they sent out an email blast about this.

Anyone know about this?

Rick

Well that certainly seems like an efficient e-app. :swoon:

----------

Looks like they are keeping up with the times. They must be preparing for the huge movement from telesales to f2f sales. The telesales agent will no longer exist in the next few years and Oxford sees it coming. Geniuses...

I've submitted a fair amount of supplements with Oxford in the past few months using their voice signature process. It's been great until yesterday when I was informed that they now require a wet signature on the EFT and replacement forms.

I found this out after submitting two apps. I was told they sent out an email blast about this.

Anyone know about this?

Rick

Agent Reminder Notification
Replacement Notice and EFT Authorization Form

Dear Producer,

The following forms (if applicable) are required for Medicare Supplement applications, including electronic applications (E-Apps): • EFT Authorization (if paying by EFT/automatic bank draft)
• Replacement Notice (if voluntarily replacing existing Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage coverage)

Forms must contain original applicant signatures and can be submitted by fax (877-584-2777) or email ([email protected]) to the home office.

Replacement forms must be presented, signed, and dated by the applicant on or before the application is signed or submitted. EFT Authorization must be received by Oxford Life prior to initial draft date.

Supplies may be ordered online and are available for immediate download at Oxford Life - Life Insurance - Annuity - Medicare Supplement - Arizona.

Thank you,
Oxford Life Insurance Company

I called and asked them about it and told them they're going backward.

and can be submitted by fax (877-584-2777) or email ([email protected]) to the home office.

Replacement forms must be presented, signed, and dated by the applicant on or before the application is signed or submitted. EFT Authorization must be received by Oxford Life prior to initial draft date.

Thank you,

So we need to get the application signed before the application is signed?

You're welcome Oxford.

Rick

Dear Producer,

The following forms (if applicable) are required for Medicare Supplement applications, including electronic applications (E-Apps): • EFT Authorization (if paying by EFT/automatic bank draft)
• Replacement Notice (if voluntarily replacing existing Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage coverage)

Forms must contain original applicant signatures and can be submitted by fax (877-584-2777) or email ([email protected]) to the home office.

Supplies may be ordered online and are available for immediate download at Oxford Life - Life Insurance - Annuity - Medicare Supplement - Arizona.

Thank you,

This defeats the purpose of an e app.if I have to send a replacement form to be signed before I can take the app then why not just send the whole app. Someone made a stupid decision...

So we need to get the application signed before the application is signed?

You're welcome Oxford.

Rick

Yes, something like that.:laugh:

----------

This defeats the purpose of an e app.if I have to send a replacement form to be signed before I can take the app then why not just send the whole app. Someone made a stupid decision...

That's what I said. Already had to get the replacement form signed and in Illinois there's also a checklist. Now the EFT form. Might as well just do it face to face. I told them that was silly and defeated the whole telesales function.:skeptical:

I just found out as well after writing one tuesday. I sent an email to the regional trying to figure out what the idiotic reasoning behind this is.

They must be preparing for the huge movement from telesales to f2f sales. The telesales agent will no longer exist in the next few years and Oxford sees it coming.

I'm considering transitioning into 100% telesales. Were you joking? I thought the "movement" was the other way around. Even with increasing DNC and cell phones, the ability to call multiple states should still give us plenty of prospects to call on, shouldn't it?

Or should I just keep hiring and firing door knockers?

I'm considering transitioning into 100% telesales. Were you joking? I thought the "movement" was the other way around. Even with increasing DNC and cell phones, the ability to call multiple states should still give us plenty of prospects to call on, shouldn't it?

Or should I just keep hiring and firing door knockers?

Yes it was a joke. It's ridiculous that Oxford made this huge jump backwards. I have no reason to complain because I don't send them any med supp biz anyway.

Back