Oxford Life or Lafayette Life

mikeincolumbuso

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
When I run quotes for both of these companies, their premiums are almost exactly the same. What has been the experience of other agents in terms of a better company to work with? It seems that the underwriting with both carriers is stricter than most, but for healthy individuals that won't be a problem. I am focusing on any home office underwriting/marketing, agent support. Those sorts of things.

When I run quotes for both of these companies, their premiums are almost exactly the same. What has been the experience of other agents in terms of a better company to work with? It seems that the underwriting with both carriers is stricter than most, but for healthy individuals that won't be a problem. I am focusing on any home office underwriting/marketing, agent support. Those sorts of things.

Lafayette Life can be tough on underwriting. Then again, I had a case recently issued standard on a man, where he was approved graded with another company he had previously applied for.

An advantage with Lafayette Life is...the proposed insured is considered a nonsmoker if they have not smoked any cigarettes in the last 12 months, other forms of tobacco are accepted.

I'm not familiar with Oxford Life.

Oxford is pretty good but disability is auto decline and if they have been declined with any other company in past 2 years it is auto decline.
Other than that pretty decent underwriting.

Between the two it is very hard to beat the rates for sure. I have found Lafayette to be much easier underwriting than Oxford. Oxford seems to take longer issuing and coming back with weird questions for the clients.

The big thing to pay attention to with Lafayette is the Rx list. If someone is on a script on the Rx list, even if they answered no to everything it becomes graded. But as long as you pay attention to that they have been great so far for me.

Between the two it is very hard to beat the rates for sure. I have found Lafayette to be much easier underwriting than Oxford. Oxford seems to take longer issuing and coming back with weird questions for the clients.

The big thing to pay attention to with Lafayette is the Rx list. If someone is on a script on the Rx list, even if they answered no to everything it becomes graded. But as long as you pay attention to that they have been great so far for me.

You look like Rick Sutcliffe...former MLB pitcher and now commentator on ESPN.....

sutcliffe-mugshot.jpg

Good god you found my doppelganger :cool:

Wow that is freaky! Go CUBS!

As far as the post, I see people mention that Lafayette has tough underwriting, but their questions on the app seem pretty basic. Are they declining stuff even when questions are not. Thanks for the Medication List response! Is there more to it than this?? Just submitted my first app with them, so we'll give them a shot!

Wow that is freaky! Go CUBS!

As far as the post, I see people mention that Lafayette has tough underwriting, but their questions on the app seem pretty basic. Are they declining stuff even when questions are not. Thanks for the Medication List response! Is there more to it than this?? Just submitted my first app with them, so we'll give them a shot!

Actually I was the one posting that and it's second hand information. I've had several people tell me they are VERY unpredictable and several others tell me they are pretty good.

I would just try them out and see how it goes.

Back