P&C Agent Question About Going Independent

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm a licensed life/health agent, and I once held a P&C license. I am looking to get my P&C license if I'm able to join a marketing group that will allow me to market auto, home, etc. without being tied down to a physical agency.

Does anyone here on this forum know of any wholesaler program that allows agents to sell independently with p&c? If so, would this be worth looking into as well as going through with the fees to get my license, etc.?

This topic is frequently discussed, so remember to take a look at prior posts.

I've checked prior posts, but there's not much information...it's all too generic.

I'm just wondering if it's worth taking the jump back in to P&C, even if it's not my total focus.

I don't mind paying to get my license, but I do mind paying for my own E&O and then giving away my commissions to another IMO...unless it's worth it.

P&C isn't easy and the E&O runs $3000+ for the first year. The service level is much higher than life and health. It is not worth dabbling in if you are not going all in to do it right.

If you are interested in an e&o quote, let me know and I would be happy to see what we can find for you.

Back