P&C Direct Mail

I have a unique marketing solution that that works great when supplementing it with direct mailing if anyone is interested in testing.

My company is able to advertise online display ads to individual home addresses much like the targeting in direct mailing but for a fraction of the cost. We have found when combining this technique with a direct mailing campaign the engagement increases substantially with minor cost increases.

Basically we can take a list of postal addresses and advertise online banner ads.

If anyone is interested in getting some more info like case studies email me at [email protected]

I just sent out 5k last week and that cost me right around 2,000 bucks. It was just my 3rd time sending them out. I am just sending a single sheet of paper tri-folded in a letter envelope. My cost includes printing, envelopes, list, and postage. If you did it your self which I did for my 1st mailing it would cost about $1500 (4k pieces ), me and my wife did all the folding, stamping, sealing and putting the address labels on the envelope. about 20-25 hrs of work I would say. I just felt that we would pay the extra money and just have a mail place send them out. I could then devote my time to other prospecting avenues.

Eddie, thanks for the response. If you don't mind me asking, what is the average sale worth?

Would love to get some insight on this field, knowing some numbers (profits, response rates) would help me determine if it makes sense for my company to market to Insurance professionals like yourself. What we do is we personalize direct mail. We provide handwritten services to sales and marketing professionals to increase response rates.

Did you ever try doing a personalized campaign? Like with handwritten envelopes, sticky notes, hand affixed stamp? If yes, how were the numbers? cost effective?

Thanks,

I just sent out 5k last week and that cost me right around 2,000 bucks. It was just my 3rd time sending them out. I am just sending a single sheet of paper tri-folded in a letter envelope. My cost includes printing, envelopes, list, and postage. If you did it your self which I did for my 1st mailing it would cost about $1500 (4k pieces ), me and my wife did all the folding, stamping, sealing and putting the address labels on the envelope. about 20-25 hrs of work I would say. I just felt that we would pay the extra money and just have a mail place send them out. I could then devote my time to other prospecting avenues.

Is it possible to show a template of your letter, thanks.

Out of the 5k of mailers I received approx. 25 calls back. I sold 7 households and about to sell 2 more today from my mailing in August. The 1st year commission almost breaks me even. I try to cross ell the auto, umbrella earthquake and Life insurance. If I only sold the home this would not work. I still barely broke even

I haven't tried the handwritten envelopes, I know someone who has and they do not see much of a difference in response. The first time I mailed out, I did 4k and affixed a bulk mail stamp to the envelope by hand, and the address label was put on by hand. The last 2 mailings was done through a local mail house and everything was printed on the envelope.

QUOTE=eldar;898748]Eddie, thanks for the response. If you don't mind me asking, what is the average sale worth?

Would love to get some insight on this field, knowing some numbers (profits, response rates) would help me determine if it makes sense for my company to market to Insurance professionals like yourself. What we do is we personalize direct mail. We provide handwritten services to sales and marketing professionals to increase response rates.

Did you ever try doing a personalized campaign? Like with handwritten envelopes, sticky notes, hand affixed stamp? If yes, how were the numbers? cost effective?

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

----------

What marketing company are you using for the direct mail piece with the generic home quotes included?

The company is local to me here in San Diego. Mom and pop place, they do a nice job getting it done quick..I use the mail house because if you go to the post office to send out the mail pieces you have to pay for the postage cash or debit card..Costs me about 30 cents a piece. If I use the mail house they are able to send out the pieces for a few cents less and I can pay for everything on the cc to help float me through the month, just better for cash flow. When I get the discount on postage I am actually only paying $350 for the actual service plus postage.

I just did 1250 EDDM this week and received one call. Most likely will get the home and auto.

Do you have any stats to show that a facebook campaign is worthwhile?
A good direct mail piece tends to return about 1% for homes (no idea on autos), with a high percentage being written.

A generic letter won't do so well, obviously, but a customized quote type of letter does this in most areas. Geography does play a role in response rates.

Most pay per click type of ads are hard to turn a profit. Agents that I know that have done it in P&C have done from miserable to poor. In this case, poor is defined as recovering less than 75% of your costs in first year commissions.

My thought about most pay per click advertising for insurance is you are going to target the wrong audience when it comes to P&C. Its hard to get people to click on these on an impulse and those that do tend to be pure price shoppers, not coverage shoppers.

I tried it once, briefly, failed miserably, though I'm very willing to admit it may have been how I tried it. I know I tried to get all viewers, rather than focusing on a niche or a particular market, which would probably help.

Dan

DJS, do you know anyone who has done p&c on facebook? I am attempting a very narrow audience test campaign on facebook. Not sure it i will work or not but would love to talk to someone who have tried it already.

Back