P&C Homeowner Cold Calls Realistic Goal?

RenegadeFL

I've read through most of the cold calling forum section and have found some good info. Trying to set a realistic goal for my in house telemarketer. Here is the set up:

She is calling 2 hours/day for 3-4 days/week
Using a power dialer
Calling between 5 - 7pm
Calling Homeowner Xdates to send a free quote
We are an indy agency in FL representing majority of non-captive carriers

So, is it realistic that she could do 200 dials and get 1-2 leads per day???

The 200 dials may be a bit of a stretch (not much).

1-2 leads a day, on average, is probably about right. I don't know the FL market, in some areas, this is pretty achievable, others getting 1 lead in 2 hours is pushing it a bit.

Auto leads are a bit easier to come by in most areas. Home leads are more valuable, but tougher.

Dan

My telemarketer can do 200/day pretty easily, but that's putting in a full day, to just crank it in two hours, even with a dialer, is more than a little rough. Any reason to do 5pm-7pm instead of going til 8:30? 6:30-8:30 tends to be a more productive time to call homeowners.

What script are you having her use?

This is where dials is pretty meaningless. With a multiline power dialer, 100 dials in an hour can be done, but, if you talk to someone, that number drops quickly. Talking with someone is more important than getting a dial count.

In a 2 hour day, it is hard to achieve consistent numbers.

Dan

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I'm not so worried about # of dials. I'm just trying to figure out realistic goal and expectation for # of leads/day. Sounds like over the course of 1 month it could average out to 1-2 leads per 2 hours of calling.

The script we are going to try is pretty basic. After a quick intro...We insure preferred homes in the area and we've saved some of your neighbors quite a bit of money on their insurance. Would you be interested in saving money on your homeowners insurance?

I know it puts the focus on price, but I'm ok with that for cold calling. The main goal is just to get our foot in the door for a quote and work our way up from there.

Haha...no hablo espanol is the extent of my Spanish speaking.

But I'm not in South Florida...I'm north of Orlando. But sometimes I wish I was an agent in S Florida. Premiums are reeediculous down there!

Where are you in FL P&C Broker?

Back