P&C Nationwide carriers/agencies

thatdguy

Expert
I currently sell life insurance and am signing a contract with a mortgage company to be their exclusive insurance broker, they have a huge volume and asked me about home property insurance as well. so I have some questions. Instead of signing up with each carrier (or trying to), I am looking at an agency that has the relationships. I looked at Networked Insurance, Insurance Noodle and Smart Choice and going to give them a call, but

1. Any other nationwide agencies that I should look at for doing all 50 states?
2. Do I have to get licensed in every state?
3. What are standard commissions that I should look for? I am assuming this percentage is off of the annual premium?

thanks!

Home insurance is a big headache? Lots of turnover and a lot of servicing involved. I deal with a lot of commercial P&C business clients are banks are very needy, stick to life insurance, less of a headache

I currently sell life insurance and am signing a contract with a mortgage company to be their exclusive insurance broker, they have a huge volume and asked me about home property insurance as well. so I have some questions. Instead of signing up with each carrier (or trying to), I am looking at an agency that has the relationships. I looked at Networked Insurance, Insurance Noodle and Smart Choice and going to give them a call, but

1. Any other nationwide agencies that I should look at for doing all 50 states?
2. Do I have to get licensed in every state?
3. What are standard commissions that I should look for? I am assuming this percentage is off of the annual premium?

thanks!

WOULD YOU MIND sharing what commission split agreement you have with this mortgage company? It's an avenue more of us would be interested in and since you've already blazed the trail any information you can share would be helpful. Thanks.

Back