P/C or Life

Hey there,

Do anyone know which license is more profitable; p/c or the life. Thanks

Nttwrkz1

I didn't know the licenses in and of themselves were profitable. And the proper wording probably should be "Does" anyone know... In all seriousness, I know some good life agents that make 6 & 7 figures and I know some P&C agents that make 6 & 7 figures.

Of course, one type is required and the other isn't. One takes less overhead than the other (life takes less overhead - no office, no staff, cheaper E&O, etc.).

There's really no right or wrong answer to your question.

Life insurance tends to pay more commissions up front and less in renewals. Health and property & casualty tend to pay fatter renewals, but less up front.

You can make good money if you are good at selling any one of the above.

Health and P &C tend to be products people expect to own. If you can help them decipher the plans and compare them, you can make the sale. If your personality is better suited to being an advisor as opposed to being a stereotypical sales person, you may want to try selling these first.

If you are good at making creative sales, life insurance and disability insurance may be the way to go.

Good luck,

Last edited:
I truly believe long-term the P&C route is more profitable, or should I say more stable. If your selling just life you will always be chasing your tail because the renewals just aren't there to ever give you a reliable check.

I have incorporated both, P&C, Life and a Fee based investment practice. Basically I am using the life insurance sales to bridge the gap while I build renewals with P&C and investments.

Good luck in whatever route you choose

See, I told you. I really don't know what's going on, maybe I'm typing to fast or something. I'll be sure to check my writings before I submit them. Thanks and enjoy your day.

Nttwrkz1

Back