P&C Personal and Commercial from Week 1

Rick Deckard

Guru
100+ Post Club
Greetings Friends and Fakers,

I finally received my official 2-20 after all the vetting by the State. I am following a strategy I found online but basically it looks like this.

-40% of my time Networking thru Chamber of Commerce events, also trying to form strategic alliances with mortgage shops and Realtors plus Fin Advisers and Accountants.

-30% of my time is devoted to going after SBO thru Commercial lines. I have a couple of SIC Codes I am targeting. I am also forming a strategic alliance with a a couple financial advisers, I like them specifically so that once I am done with Joe the Plumber or Fred the Manufacturer, then i turn them on to a financial planner who can help them with all kinds of exit strategies and future planning.

-30% devoted to "internet" leads. Here is the thing...we don't purchase leads so I use this block for my "Cold Calling" on X-Dates. There is more to it than that but this is a good overview for what I am doing.

Week 1: Went to a lunch networking event and was told that Table 1 or the 1st table I sat at would be the longest to allow folks to eat their lunch. I skipped the food and drank iced tea, it allowed me to talk talk talk while everyone was eating. The next tables we would move to would be simple 1 minute presentations going around the table so i stood the best chance to connect at my 1st table and assuming I had real people at the table looking to make alliances.

It happened, an (World Known Company) Fin Adv was on a mission to meet a 2-20 agent that seemed reputable or had some sales savvy to them, well I fell right in her lap and it only took a few minutes for her to vet me on the spot. I had an 11 Am meeting this morning in her offices and brought my operations manager to meet her, this was one of the more intense meetings I have had. She is all business like an Army Sargent and that works just fine for me. She has business on the books that needs 2-20 help or what I do so now I need to drum up new business or Commercial so I have more to trade with her.

I don't believe she knows quite how young or green in the process I am but she likes my energy and ability to talk smooth in and out of these meetings, I just smile a lot and stay positive. She and the operations manager talked for 25 of our 30 minutes today, I spoke very little except when it was time to turn on the juice for a minute or two and share my vision which aligns with hers.

Commercial X-Date/Hunting: This is not going as fast as I would like but we are building towards a strong push here. Of the $12-$15 Million on the books here at this agency, I think 80-90% of it are personal lines so i don't get a lot of hands on training. I have learned a lot thru the internet and some key folks on these boards.

Personal Lines/XDates: Some days I am so tired from everything else that it is easy to close the book, put the phone down and go home to hug the Mrs...I'm trying to be real and not a faker. As strong as I think I am and as well trained as I have been over the years with some great mentors but at certain points in the week I just want to go home and recharge a bit.

I'm not sure this thread will be good, in fact probably not but I do want to share as I go along what I am finding.

Greetings Friends and Fakers,

I finally received my official 2-20 after all the vetting by the State. I am following a strategy I found online but basically it looks like this.

-40% of my time Networking thru Chamber of Commerce events, also trying to form strategic alliances with mortgage shops and Realtors plus Fin Advisers and Accountants.

-30% of my time is devoted to going after SBO thru Commercial lines. I have a couple of SIC Codes I am targeting. I am also forming a strategic alliance with a a couple financial advisers, I like them specifically so that once I am done with Joe the Plumber or Fred the Manufacturer, then i turn them on to a financial planner who can help them with all kinds of exit strategies and future planning.

-30% devoted to "internet" leads. Here is the thing...we don't purchase leads so I use this block for my "Cold Calling" on X-Dates. There is more to it than that but this is a good overview for what I am doing.

Week 1: Went to a lunch networking event and was told that Table 1 or the 1st table I sat at would be the longest to allow folks to eat their lunch. I skipped the food and drank iced tea, it allowed me to talk talk talk while everyone was eating. The next tables we would move to would be simple 1 minute presentations going around the table so i stood the best chance to connect at my 1st table and assuming I had real people at the table looking to make alliances.

It happened, an (World Known Company) Fin Adv was on a mission to meet a 2-20 agent that seemed reputable or had some sales savvy to them, well I fell right in her lap and it only took a few minutes for her to vet me on the spot. I had an 11 Am meeting this morning in her offices and brought my operations manager to meet her, this was one of the more intense meetings I have had. She is all business like an Army Sargent and that works just fine for me. She has business on the books that needs 2-20 help or what I do so now I need to drum up new business or Commercial so I have more to trade with her.

I don't believe she knows quite how young or green in the process I am but she likes my energy and ability to talk smooth in and out of these meetings, I just smile a lot and stay positive. She and the operations manager talked for 25 of our 30 minutes today, I spoke very little except when it was time to turn on the juice for a minute or two and share my vision which aligns with hers.

Commercial X-Date/Hunting: This is not going as fast as I would like but we are building towards a strong push here. Of the $12-$15 Million on the books here at this agency, I think 80-90% of it are personal lines so i don't get a lot of hands on training. I have learned a lot thru the internet and some key folks on these boards.

Personal Lines/XDates: Some days I am so tired from everything else that it is easy to close the book, put the phone down and go home to hug the Mrs...I'm trying to be real and not a faker. As strong as I think I am and as well trained as I have been over the years with some great mentors but at certain points in the week I just want to go home and recharge a bit.

I'm not sure this thread will be good, in fact probably not but I do want to share as I go along what I am finding.

Good writing work Richard. Keep up the good work! I think if you have the stamina, you could do well.

~G

Back