P&C Producer Here-Might Be Moving to San Diego, Looking for Some Advice.

GeauxTigahs20

Expert
Right now I am located in TN, but it looks like my fiance is about to get a promotion and would have to move to San Diego. (I am not complaining!). I don't know my company policy on transferring, so I figure I should at least start looking around.

Anything in particular I should know about California in the P&C world? Obviously it's a coastal state, and I have heard some of their rules/regulations can be a lot different from the majority of the states I work in. (TN, GA, AL, AR,KY).

Also, I don't know where to begin on my search. I don't know the successful agencies from the unsuccessful agencies, so any advice in that area would be appreciated.

Thanks, and happy Monday. I'll check back on this after I get my 50 cold calls in. :)

GeauxTigahs20,

California is a tough state for Property and Casualty. I can tell you that Mercury Insurance is the appointment to have in that state, and it is nearly impossible to get that appointment. I hope this helps.

Kyle A Moulin
Marketing Assistant
Pacific Crest Independent Insurance Alliance

GeauxTigahs20,

California is a tough state for Property and Casualty. I can tell you that Mercury Insurance is the appointment to have in that state, and it is nearly impossible to get that appointment. I hope this helps.

Kyle A Moulin
Marketing Assistant

Thanks for responding. What, in your opinion, is so tough about selling P&C in California?

There is just a lot of regulations. Plus like I said earlier everybody wants Mercury Insurance and it is extremely hard to get appointed with them.

Kyle A. Moulin
Marketing Assistant

There is just a lot of regulations. Plus like I said earlier everybody wants Mercury Insurance and it is extremely hard to get appointed with them.

Kyle A. Moulin
Marketing Assistant

Maybe I should find out what agencies are appointed with them. Thanks for the heads up.

By the way, I am early in on my career, so if I make a move, now would be the time. I am just wanting to make sure I put myself in a position to be successful. So again, thanks for the insight.

Check out Mike Stromsoe in California. He helps agents learn how to run a better agency. I bet if you got in touch with him on Twitter or emailed him he might be willing to refer you to some agents in San Diego.

I'm appointed with Mercury - please let me know if you have any questions.

I dont think that Ca is any tougher than other states - at least in auto insurance.

Good luck and I'm sure everything will workout for the best.

Back