Tcollins

Expert
Vermont
Hi fellow Insurance Professionals,

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. I have some questions I'm hoping you may be able to help answer for me. Nothing too crazy like some of my last posts where I asked about building grade codes & hurricane deductibles ;)

My first question is very basic. I'm wondering if anyone can provide me with a general definition for what a Full Service Agency is, what are the qualifiers for this? For example, I work for an independent insurance agency - we have a team dedicated to service, as well as producers, but we do not currently offer life or health products. We also do not have our own claims department, but our service team members could help a client with that, or we could direct a client to the carrier's service center if we have one for that carrier.

Would my agency not fit the definition of a Full Service Agency? What are the basic requirements? Is this more of a phrase that can be open to interpretation or are there specific qualifiers?

One other question while we're on the subject of insurance terminology: "Full Safety Glass"... this definition may vary from carrier to carrier, or is Full Safety Glass the same thing for each carrier? What is your understanding of what Full Safety Glass coverage means? Is this a coverage that is just protecting the client from paying a deductible if their front or rear windshield breaks? If just their front windshield breaks, or if any window/sunroof on the vehicle breaks at all? I have a feeling it will vary from diff. carriers but wanted to ask. I know we even have some carriers who say their "Full glass" coverage includes coverage for broken tail or headlights, however "Full Glass" and "Full Safety Glass" do seem to have some differences from what I've seen. Can anyone help clarify this for me?

I appreciate you sharing your wisdom and helping a somewhat "green" insurance professional. Thank you in advance everyone :noteworthy: :cute:

Google Full Safety Glass. Some policies cover glass without a deductible (Full Glass), some add an endorsement at an additional premium for full replacement at $0 or a set price, $100. some policies repair chips at no cost but charge the deductible if the entire window needs to be replaced. I've not seen it apply to headlights, which can cost over $1000, or any directional marker.
Full Service.....you sell the policy, you service the policy. You are not a broker

Back