PA Agency Licensing Question

pobrien

For Pennsylvania, is an owner of an agency required to be licensed in all lines of business being sold through his / her agency, or just the ones for which he / she is actually writing. For example, the owner is licensed P&C, he brings on a Life guy. Does the agency owner also need a life license? Thank you.

For Pennsylvania, is an owner of an agency required to be licensed in all lines of business being sold through his / her agency, or just the ones for which he / she is actually writing. For example, the owner is licensed P&C, he brings on a Life guy. Does the agency owner also need a life license? Thank you.

How would the owner be able to offer life contracts to a downline without contracts themselves?

----------

And also , if an agent is looking for contracts to sell life , why would they want to be under someone who has no experience in that field ? I could understand cross selling watch others book of business , but that would be different than being direct ...... I know this is not a direct answer , to be frank, I can only assume that , yes, you would need to have a life license to offer life contracts.

Now if you are hiring them to sell P&C, and offering P&C contracts, I don't see why you would need a life license .

Please understand these are my opinions - I have no experience in P&C, nor do I have experience hiring agents without a life license. Also , I have no experience being under anyone without a life license.

Back