PA State Licensing Exam

Bozack23

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Getting ready to take the exam in Pennsylvania. Anybody here taken PA exam recently? Any words of wisdom?

I took the exam back in April and it wasn't easy. The problem I had was the classes I took didn't cover some of the material. Just take your time, read the questions thoroughly and you should do alright.

Lou

i havent taken it recently. but if you have the opportunity to take any practice tests.. i had a cd rom and an old school floppy (three years ago) they really helped.

If you're taking the Life exam, you should do ok if you read your state specific book by Dearborn. Health test was a 7 on a scale from 1-10. 10 being most difficult. Life: 8. If you ARE taking the Life exam, you're going to come across some ambiguous questions like: "Many seniors find they can spend their life savings like there's no tomorrow. Which of the following uncertainties makes this impossible"
A. Death
B. The S&P 5000
C. The future cost of Annuities
D. The futre cost of .....I can't remember.
The point is, I looked at that question like five times and still don't understand it. It was a "test" question to see if the test makers will put it on the next state exam is what. But still, if you've read your state specific book and think logically and read the question carefully: you'll be ok. Health exam: Mr. Jones is 55 and is retiring next year. He's going to want to take advantage of his Medicare plan..." Uh, no sir, wrong you get nothing! Good Day sir: you'll only be 56 at the time of your retirement there f***face. Got it? This is what you're in for. I hear the P&C exam is easy to. They leave a lot of Inland Marine off that stupid test.
You have to recognize your weakness and read those bloody charts over and over if you don't get it right away. Don't keep going over what you're positive about; you're wasting time.

I've taken P & C and Life Accident & Health and found them to be relatively straight forward. You may find a couple of questions that make no sense what so ever, as mentioned earlier they are probably the test questions that don't count. Don't get worked up about it, use a reliable study guide and practice test package.

I just took the Pa life and health exam this week and thought it was difficult. I passed but by a slim margin on the first try. What I found really interesting is that I didn't do as well as I thought I did after I finished the test. I was scoring around 90% on my practice exams on CD, and I got a 78% on the test. You need a 70 to pass. I studied on my own constantly for 2 weeks and also took an additional full 3 day class review with Kaplan Financial. I found that on the state test there were alot of trick questions. I ended up taking the entire 2.5 hours to complete the questions and had a major headache after I was done.

Yeah, the State exam has a lot of ambigous questions to see if you're on your toes. I don't think anyone ever gets a 100%.(oh I bet there's going to be a reply from what's his name here in a minute, bragging again. He knows who he is). It's that blasted P&C exam I'm not looking forward to.
I've got all the books from Kaplan and study guides and I wrote out my own charts and stuff. Who knows. :swoon:

Good luck to you on your p&c exam! I am sure you will do fine, the Kaplan books are very on target especially with the state specific section at the end. I thought that the questions on thier cd were a harder than on the state exam. I felt however the state exam had tons more trick questions compared to Kaplan materials. Then again it depends on what questions are pulled out of the test bank for the state. I have heard that the P &C exam is more challenging than the Life and Health, but like with any test you have to know your stuff to pass.

Back