Pa vehicle in Florida infested with ants

mbr82769

Has anyone had an infestation issue in which ants have migrated in the engine and / or throughout the vent systems of a vehicle? Pa customer's claim being denied due to no physical damage to the car, however, no one seems to know exactly how to get the ants out of the vehicle. Vehicle is with student at college in Florida. Have you ever had a claim like this ? Was it covered? How was the problem resolved?
There's a first for everything. :cool:

Was it covered?

It wouldn't be. An auto policy covers collision (which it is not) or other than collision (aka comprehensive) which is the following list of causes of loss (perils):

upload_2018-11-1_12-52-34.png

Ants are not on the list so there is no coverage.

Did you really mean "in the engine" or did you mean "in the engine compartment."

Ants in the engine or even mostly in the engine compartment can be eliminated by driving the car. The heat will kill them.

For the rest, an alternative to a bug bomb is MaxForce ant granules. Ants are attracted to it and will come out and get some and die. Then you can just vacuum them up and you'll be humming the Pink Panther theme "Dead ant...dead ant...deadant, deadant, deadant."

Lol... awesome... thank you!! I will let them know about the bug bomb and the Max Force Granules. Love the show Ant and the Aardvark... and the Pink Panther. Not sure if engine compartment or engine... but when she drives the car the heat sends an army of them through the vents and onto her ankles and dash etc. Horrible. Hopefully a bomb will work and not cause residual engine or interior problems.

I suggested a bomb so that it gets into the vents and all. The MaxForce is good, but will take time for some of the ants to eat it and take it back to the brood. With the vehicle moving here and there it probably won't work exactly as you would intend it to.

Yes, I was a pest control operator years ago.

Has anyone had an infestation issue in which ants have migrated in the engine and / or throughout the vent systems of a vehicle? Pa customer's claim being denied due to no physical damage to the car, however, no one seems to know exactly how to get the ants out of the vehicle. Vehicle is with student at college in Florida. Have you ever had a claim like this ? Was it covered? How was the problem resolved?
There's a first for everything. :cool:

These stories only happen in Florida...

Sounds like some kind of horror movie. If it is like situations I've seen with other critters, damaged caused by the critters could potentially be covered, but not the infestation cleanout itself.

Back