Pacesetters & Bay Planning

mickeyma

Guru
100+ Post Club
Am new to final expense after 30 yrs in mtg market. Anyone have experience with Pacetters Marketing Group and Bay Planning. Both tout high closing rates and 6-figure incomes which seem unlikely in the Los Angeles area.

I am in the process of contracting with Complete Solutions.

You can check with kuhn123 on this board as he has been with them 6 years.

DarrylVK- I assume that you mean that you are contracting with Pacesetter Insurance Marketing Group, as that is who I have been with for 6 years, not the other that you mention.

I think that mickeyma was on our Pacesetter conference call a few weeks ago. If so, you should have came away with the idea that our success is by no means magic or guaranteed. We just see a lot of people, 10-12 appts a day, and work a lot of leads. If anyone thinks there is a shortcut to success in the FE business, other than getting in front of a ton of folks, please let me know. There are a lot of agents that earn 100k plus in the FE market, you just have to commit to it and be focused in what you do.

DarrylVK- I assume that you mean that you are contracting with Pacesetter Insurance Marketing Group, as that is who I have been with for 6 years, not the other that you mention.

I think that mickeyma was on our Pacesetter conference call a few weeks ago. If so, you should have came away with the idea that our success is by no means magic or guaranteed. We just see a lot of people, 10-12 appts a day, and work a lot of leads. If anyone thinks there is a shortcut to success in the FE business, other than getting in front of a ton of folks, please let me know. There are a lot of agents that earn 100k plus in the FE market, you just have to commit to it and be focused in what you do.

Hi Kuhn123,

I am waiting on my paperwork to come in the mail from pacesetter. I have not had the priviledge of sitting in on one of your conference calls as yet. How often does pacesetters offer this call. I think they have a nice starting percentage as well as a good lead program. The gentleman that I spoke with was extremely nice and informative. The number one thing he stressed to me in order to be a success in the FE market is like you just stated to get and stay in front of a lot of folks, The more leads you purchase and work the more money you will make.

Hi Kuhn123,

I am waiting on my paperwork to come in the mail from pacesetter. I have not had the priviledge of sitting in on one of your conference calls as yet. How often does pacesetters offer this call. I think they have a nice starting percentage as well as a good lead program. The gentleman that I spoke with was extremely nice and informative. The number one thing he stressed to me in order to be a success in the FE market is like you just stated to get and stay in front of a lot of folks, The more leads you purchase and work the more money you will make.

We usually try to have a weekly call, but it has been a couple weeks due to scheduling conflicts. I am sure that it will get back to being weekly, but is never required, only if you have something you want to address, or feel that you may be able to share with others, always optional.

Am new to final expense after 30 yrs in mtg market. Anyone have experience with Pacetters Marketing Group and Bay Planning. Both tout high closing rates and 6-figure incomes which seem unlikely in the Los Angeles area.

I guess my only question is if you have been in the business, marketing, for 30 years why it is that you are even asking the question. Unless, this thread is a setup to promote their "system" and "lead" sales.

I do not know who they are and I have only been in the insurance business for 15 years but I learned early on that ads touting those kind of production figures are usually blowing smoke up someone's ass.

Pgriggs said "The number one thing he stressed to me in order to be a success in the FE market is like you just stated to get and stay in front of a lot of folks, The more leads you purchase and work the more money you will make."

That seems to be what they are saying is the key to "making six figures". Any of us who have been agents for more than a couple of weeks learned that very early on.

However, there is a lot more to selling any kind of insurance than simply staying in front of a lot of folks, and buying lots of leads. If that is all it took we would all be wealthy.

This thread sounds like it has turned into a large can of SPAM to me.

Pgriggs said "The number one thing he stressed to me in order to be a success in the FE market is like you just stated to get and stay in front of a lot of folks, The more leads you purchase and work the more money you will make."

That seems to be what they are saying is the key to "making six figures". Any of us who have been agents for more than a couple of weeks learned that very early on.

This thread sounds like it has turned into a large can of SPAM to me.

I am a NEW agent Frank, so I wouldn't know this, forgive my ignorance. I personally was just asking a question of Kuhn123 as well as sharing what was discussed during a conversation which I assumed was the purpose of these forums. I assumed I could come here and ask questions, share my experience as well as opinions and get help from some of the seasoned agents on this forum, I guess I assumed wrong. My bag, forgive me for asking... NO spam intended guys.........

Last edited:
I am a NEW agent Frank, so I wouldn't know this, forgive my ignorance. I personally was just asking a question of Kuhn123 as well as sharing what was discussed during a conversation which I assumed was the purpose of these forums. I assumed I could come here and ask questions, share my experience as well as opinions and get help from some of the seasoned agents on this forum, I guess I assumed wrong. My bag, forgive me for asking... NO spam intended guys.........

Sorry, guess I'm just not having a good day today.

My comments about spam were not directed to you. If that is what you read I apologize. They were directed the information the original poster was quoting. Not even at him but about what he was told.

Every time I see the "promise" of a six year income it kind of gets the hair up on my back.

Yes, a six figure income is very possible in this business but not to start. That doesn't usually come for several years and only after a lot of really hard work and lots of knocks.

It doesn't come easily just because one buys someone's system or "leads".

Sorry, guess I'm just not having a good day today.

My comments about spam were not directed to you. If that is what you read I apologize. Yes, a six figure income is very possible in this business but not to start. That doesn't usually come for several years and only after a lot of really hard work and lots of knocks.

It doesn't come easily just because one buys someone's system or "leads".

Thankyou Frank for the apology as well as for your advice, both are really appreciated.:yes:

Back