Pan American Life VS Traditional Life Insurance Companies

Hi, I met an Agent today , he is trying to enlist me with him in Pan American Life company, he explained that they use different approach than traditional insurance companies like Mass Mutual , or others. He explained to me I can work very flexible work schedule, and be in my own.
Does anybody has an idea about this company and it is better to work for her, or work for traditional life insurance company ? Thanks

Let me help you out here.

Pan American Life's website is here: https://www.palig.com/

Navigate to their Life section, and you get here: https://mutualtrust.com/

Mutual Trust life generally recruits agents to be independent agents - either appointed directly with the company or through other general agents.

So yes, you can be independent while representing Mutual Trust. Mutual Trust does have a competitive portfolio of whole life products and they do support some of the prominent sales systems out there - MoneyTrax Circle of Wealth, LEAP, Infinite Banking, etc.

What it will come down to... is your training. Generally, you'll probably get a higher payout with MTL than MassMutual... but (theoretically) your training and support should be better with MassMutual.

You've got more homework to do to determine what would be a good place for you to get started.

Thanks for the advice, looks like Pan American offers more flexibility but less training , mean while others give better training but less freedom .
For me currently i am in Florida, and i have to have series 6 , so Pan American is offering to sponsor me without having to work for them full time...

ne more question ....if I sign for Priamerica and take the series 6 exam with them, and later i decide to leave them , do i have any liability for leaving them ?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by "signing up" with them. Does Pan American have a career agent opportunity? Or are you talking about being an independent agent with them?

Mutual Trust and PA merged last year. My understanding is the bulk of PA's life business is in Latin America, MTL will be the US based arm offering LI. Not sure what all PA does, I haven't looked at it much.

I have an MTL contract... as an indy agent. There are no restrictions typically on indy agents.

I think they ( Priamerica ) want me to sign for them as an independent agent. I will meet them in Tuesday to understand the whole idea and keep u posted about the details.

Last edited:
Back