Paramedical Examiner

G

Hi,
I was wondering if any agents had advice for a paramedical examiner thinking about going direct with my own agents. What does an agent look for in a paramedical examiner? Any tips? I have 4 years experience & used to train examiners when I was an employee but now work independently with the Big Paramed companies in Orlando, FL. I have a couple of nurses that are interested in hooking up with me to cover different areas of Central FLorida.

Thanks for any advice.

Nicole West
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, rule number one is whoever the carrier has the contract with. If I get past that, the other things I look for are:

- Online ordering
- Beyond outstanding status updates, i.e., emailed when customer is contacted, when services are scheduled, if I can't schedule them directly, when services are completed, etc.
- Did I mention direct bill to the carrier?

Most parameds I have used have been excellent, so it's hard to say that when a client requests a butterfly needle to draw blood, that the paramed brings one, since they tend to take care of the clients. I've been lucky in this area, since not everyone makes the same statement, but I follow up with my clients after the paramed visit to make sure things went well. Most people are impressed.

I write most of my life policies at 8:00 at night or so. Not sure why this happens, but it does. Being able to order the paramed at 10:00 at night is wonderful. Being able to schedule it while I'm with the client is even better, since it saves a huge pain in the butt step of getting everyone in touch to get it scheduled.

I have no idea how you get setup with the carriers. To me, that is the crucial step.

Dan

Hi,
I was wondering if any agents had advice for a paramedical examiner thinking about going direct with my own agents. What does an agent look for in a paramedical examiner? Any tips? I have 4 years experience & used to train examiners when I was an employee but now work independently with the Big Paramed companies in Orlando, FL. I have a couple of nurses that are interested in hooking up with me to cover different areas of Central FLorida.

Thanks for any advice.

Nicole West
[email protected]

Welcome to the board Nicole.

Here's a few things I would like for....

1) Excellent professionalism and customer service skills.
2) Does what she says and is accountable.
3) Has a professional website w/ e-mail for the clients who wish to research the examiner.
4) I'd rather go with an independent than a larger company, but that is just me.

Hope this helps.

great thanks for the advice. i had several agents ask me to work directly with them but the Big 4 get very nasty if they find out so i've been reluctant but i'm really thinking about branching out. how do you schedule online? do you just put the date & time on the order & the paramed co. tries to get a nurse to accomodate? i personally like to do my own scheduling. most nurses do not like presets. but i do always try to accomodate the app's schedule. i also find that most app's only tell the agent that date to get him to finish the appt but most r/s the date when i call to confirm or won't even return my call to confirm the preset & then no show me.

if any agents are looking for examiners in central florida send me an email to [email protected]

:)Becoming an independent contractor I'm sure cant be easy. I work for the one of the big examing companies and I've seen alot of examiner come and go, great ones as well as not so good. When making an agent happy, put yourself in his/her shoes. Treat them as you want to be treated with timely/professoinal service. I belive most agent would like their exams to be completed in a timely manner, examiner be on time for appointments, completing the paperwork giving complete details, and shipping off completed work or specimens in a timely manner.
The agents jobs are hard enough, whether it's a contractor or an exam company completing the exams, they deserve the best.
Being a contractor I'm sure is hard work and having a back up plan in case you cant make an appointment is important to provide awesome customer service. Also having all the required forms for each company and supplies are essential.

Good Luck !

I call ours and give them the client info. They call the client and schedule and I get e-mail updates of every step. Ie. contacted the client, scheduled for this/that time, finished paramed, etc.

That's really all I look for. Takes about 45 second on the phone to schedule.

Back when I was newer in the biz and actually prospected for Life...

C N A and Transamerica Term - that should date me ... LOL

We had the best examiner - she made life good.

1. Always available
2. Always on time
3. Always Organized - knew what carrier and their requirements were
4. Always courteous to my clients
5. Good people skills and personality

6. Was gentle with the needle and caring [ huge ]
7. Had a firm grasp of the ENGLISH lnaguage :twitchy:

She just straight up kicked butt ...

SoCal, I'm new and I must be really lucky with the company I do parameds through, because they are exactly like what you describe. I actually get comments from my clients about how nice the nurses are and how they wish the ones at the doctor's office were as good.

Back