Parker and Associates

Cheech

Expert
I am currently locked in w a Parker and Associates contract. (that sucks) for med advantage plans.

Is it possible to switch from one parker and associate FMO and to another parker and associate FMO?

Or am I stuck w parker and associates and the FMO all together?

Which companies? I wrote how to get released from them with Humana in 90 days in another thread here at the forum.

Most companies will automatically honor a release after 6 months of not writing business.

Parker is the worse I have ever come across.

Use the search function and type in Parker.

In fact it should be required that you use the Search Function before asking a question ;)

Last edited:
Here is the essence of my earlier post about getting released for Humana from Parker.

Actually it is a 90 day wait. You have to send the request to [email protected] and title your request 'Delay Release Request'. State your name, SAN, FMO you want released from and a brief statement. They send it to the account rep who processes it very quickly and they send a letter to Parker stating they can release immediately or it will be automatic in 90 days from the date of the letter.

I think Parker owes Humana money, so they are keeping them hanging on as an FMO. I hear their agents went to their own Humana customers last year and switched them to CIP SNP to get a new commission, creating chargebacks.

I had my commissions transfered and have always been paid direct by Humana. Now I am fighting for a release so I can go MECA with Humana next season. I will be automatically released in a couple months.

Parker & Associates class action lawsuit anyone???

Patch- I had read your earlier post already

I am trying to figure a way to not stop writing for 90-180 days

So, i was seeing if their was another Parker FMO that I could switch too, that would warrant a higher commission.

Thanks for the replys

If you are talking about Humana you can simply send in a form that will allow you to be paid direct from Humana even though you are still with Parker. I did it for nearly a year before I got my release which will hit the 90 day mark in early October.

If not Humana, which company?

As you know, 6 months without writing gets you out of the contract, at least with UHC. I had the same issue with another FMO so I got my son licensed and appointed. He wrote the business until I could shake my a-hole.

While I would NEVER suggest this, have someone ghost write for you. The AEP is still 3 months away so you probably have limited opportunity to write until then anyway.

Rick

you can get UHC to cut them loose immediately if you sign up for their ISA or is it ISR program. They will want you to be exclusive and they will provide leads, ect. I dumped Parker by doing this last year. Ended up that UHC MA plans and network sucked so I dont sell their stuff in my area.

Check out other MA options for your area. Perhaps you may not really need either UHC or Coventry, and they may not be the best choices for your clients.

Where are you in the US? It helps if we have an idea where you are located. I assume Cheech is not your real name, but if it is, say high to Chong and Rae Dawn for me.

As you know, 6 months without writing gets you out of the contract, at least with UHC. I had the same issue with another FMO so I got my son licensed and appointed. He wrote the business until I could shake my a-hole.

While I would NEVER suggest this, have someone ghost write for you. The AEP is still 3 months away so you probably have limited opportunity to write until then anyway. Rick

Get you wife, husband, son, or daughter licensed. This is a way around outfits like Parker and captive situations.

I am licensced in Mass. and RI and their isnt much up here to write besides UHC, and coventry. Signed a contract w Parker for Healthnet but havent wrote any business for them yet- so am can I switch that contract?

Getting wife licensced is a good thought. Son is only 2 so- I think I will have to wait a few years for him.

Back