Parker or my FMO

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
I checked with my FMO, regarding the "hold back" money that's due us (the agents that sold Universal's Any, Any, Any Plan back in Jan.), and was told by them that they were told by Parker and Associates, that they (Parker) were still going through their "grouch" reports, and the money hasn't been released yet.

I'm very lucky, in that my FMO paid me on every app, some "up front" money. Well, I'm beginning to get impatient, and I want to know if anyone else has gotten paid yet - from Parker, if that's who you went through - or if you're hearing the same garbage that I am.

I feel, at this point, someone is Stonewalling me. Either its Parker and Associates, or my FMO. In fact, if anyone has a number at Parker and Associates, I'd like to have it, and make a call myself.

I've already made the decision to sell either Med Supps or MA plans through Blue Cross or Humana. I'm direct with both BCBS and Humana.

:skeptical:

Bob,

And everyone, Parker beware. That's all I will say; though you now know this and sorry to hear Bob. Check your PM.

Bob, I've been paid by Any Any plan last month. That was for business I wrote mid-Dec '06. Call AIA agents...1-877-596-4538. They're a TPA.. they'll ask for your agent number....and take it from there. Maybe they can help...at least they can look up your clients and tell you if they passed the Grouch report.

Suggest you pick up Coventry...(Senior Mkt Sales...great FMO) they pay quickly.

Are you sitting down?

Wait until I tell you what happened today, when I called Parker and my FMO. You are not going to believe it.

First off, I get a call from Kingdom Financial, who sent me a mailer last month, wanting me to write MA Plans with them. We've been playing telephone tag, up until today. They tell me that they'd love to have me, but they don't want to disrespect my current FMO, and that, unless I get a release from my FMO, that they will back off, until the time is right. Very professional of them. They also explain about commissions, and how they are paid. They don't pay any upfront, and I get paid directly from the insurance company, on some plans, it is a 6 week wait, and on others, it is 2 weeks.

So, that call ends, and I get on the horn with Parker, ready to give them a piece of my mind. I wind up speaking to Suzy Box, who gets back to me within 10 minutes, and tells me that my money has already been released to my FMO (my applicants have all passed the grouch report).

So, that call ends, and I get on the horn with my FMO. I make four attempts to get someone, but the two people I need to talk to are too busy when I call. That's rather odd, because for the past 7 years I've known them, that's never happened. Finally, on the fifth attempt, I get the DM, and he lays into me, when I ask for my "hold back" money. He tells me that I should let them keep that as "a cushion" for any future sales, and that if I request all my hold back money, he will release me, and won't let me recertify with them. He then tells me he wants producers, not whiners.

I then call back, for his assistant, the one who handles the commissions, and diplomatically tell her that I want all my "hold back" money, knowing that I will be released. She tells me that she hasn't finished her review of the report, but will call me as soon as my sales are verified.

When I hear back from her, and go and get the money, I'm going to ask for a release, on paper. Then, I'm going to contact Kingdom, and tell them I'm ready to sell for them.

Between then and now, it's Med Supp sales.

I'm just :no: stunned that my FMO, whom I've praised on another forum, would turn on me like that. I'm still writing World Med Supps and Health Insurance through them, but this just threw me for a loop.

Its funny how people on salary have the audasity(spelling) to call you a whiner for demanding your pay. If they only knew how it felt not to know when your paycheck was gonna get here even though you put in the 60 hours of work. I would love for someone like that to say something like that to my face. Then we would see the who the whiner is.

This kind of crap is why I'm on a virtual crusade to end the need for releases. We should be allowed to work for whomever we wish.

By the way, if you do go to Kingdom, will they give you a unconditional letter of release up front?

Rick

That subject did come up, and they told me they would never stand in the way of someone earning a living. If that salesperson was not happy with them, they would release them 100%. He told me it happened rarely, but that they know this is an industry where you have to be comfortable with the FMO you are working with.

Did he say they would put it on paper? That I did not ask, but will, once this is over. If not, I will simply sell BCBS, Humana, and Wellcare - I'm direct with those three.

:cool:

Bob,

Did I miss something? You have Parker you're contracted and another downline too that's downsteamed through Parker???

When I was with them, it was just them that's why I'm asking. They paid or not paid me. I did my reports. House paid me; not the companies. And btw, with the releasing, Parker, as you know, does not, just like 99.999999999% of the fmos out there - albeit you know that.

Now, I have heard very very hideous things about Kingdom from other vet agents on and off this board so please proceed with caution.

As an old adoge goes btw, also mentioned by a fav. vet on this board... are you listening FS.... " if his lips are moving and he's an insurance agent, he is lieing."

Good luck Bob! Please keep us posted.

I agree with Senior; yeah, can you imagine that we went to work and we're asking or I'm sorry, whining about getting paid???!!! :goofy:

Are you sitting down?

Wait until I tell you what happened today, when I called Parker and my FMO. You are not going to believe it.

First off, I get a call from Kingdom Financial, who sent me a mailer last month, wanting me to write MA Plans with them. We've been playing telephone tag, up until today. They tell me that they'd love to have me, but they don't want to disrespect my current FMO, and that, unless I get a release from my FMO, that they will back off, until the time is right. Very professional of them. They also explain about commissions, and how they are paid. They don't pay any upfront, and I get paid directly from the insurance company, on some plans, it is a 6 week wait, and on others, it is 2 weeks.

So, that call ends, and I get on the horn with Parker, ready to give them a piece of my mind. I wind up speaking to Suzy Box, who gets back to me within 10 minutes, and tells me that my money has already been released to my FMO (my applicants have all passed the grouch report).

So, that call ends, and I get on the horn with my FMO. I make four attempts to get someone, but the two people I need to talk to are too busy when I call. That's rather odd, because for the past 7 years I've known them, that's never happened. Finally, on the fifth attempt, I get the DM, and he lays into me, when I ask for my "hold back" money. He tells me that I should let them keep that as "a cushion" for any future sales, and that if I request all my hold back money, he will release me, and won't let me recertify with them. He then tells me he wants producers, not whiners.

I then call back, for his assistant, the one who handles the commissions, and diplomatically tell her that I want all my "hold back" money, knowing that I will be released. She tells me that she hasn't finished her review of the report, but will call me as soon as my sales are verified.

When I hear back from her, and go and get the money, I'm going to ask for a release, on paper. Then, I'm going to contact Kingdom, and tell them I'm ready to sell for them.

Between then and now, it's Med Supp sales.

I'm just :no: stunned that my FMO, whom I've praised on another forum, would turn on me like that. I'm still writing World Med Supps and Health Insurance through them, but this just threw me for a loop.

You're a better man than me Bob. My face got red from reading this story. I am all for getting together to voice our opinions on any marketing organizations tactics.

I have worked with quite a few organizations in the MD/PA/VA area and none of them no $#$@ about the individual plans and have a 60% knowledge of small business. Kinda makes you wonder what the point is ya know !!!!!

Back