Parker or my FMO

So I get an email from Parker & Associates:

Sell with the nation's top marketing company Parker and Associates

And this is why I love this forum.

Deleted...

Considering that we are regarded as "licensed professionals", I am just amazed at the crap we have to endure.

I think a few class-action lawsuits against the guilty FMO's and insurance companies would straighten things out. Start with one, and get that chiseled to size, and you need agents to support one another too.

Alas, they make this so competitive most agents are at odds with each other.

Just a thought and I'm thinking out loud here but it seems that many of the entities in this business all follow suit - something to which some of you have alluded. IE: Releases (what is that exactly... the carriers seem to know nothing of this 'release' when I've called.... in other words.. no official legal document). Also, how some have followed suit with going from 3 months to 12 months on charge backs on MAs and MAPDs, and commissions too - they all seem to follow tail here too!

I'm a former Parker agent. I know many others who know many others and Policy Doc hit it. My point is this: we do have rights as agents and yes we don't get paid to pursue such an action, but boy, we'd set a new barometer. I know if I picked up the phone and made a few dials to some agents and they called other agents , and etc etc, we could get a nice large group that would jump in on this - assuming we found the right legal warrior to fight this fight for us.

I received copied statements from Parker in the mail yesterday of some of the final expense I've written for them with a copy of a check from the carrier (paid to me in my name) ONE THAT I NEVER GOT NOR CASHED! How do you like that???? !!!!! UNBELIEVABLE... wondering how in the heck did they cash that one?

Thoughts... how would one go about pursuing a legal action class law suit?

I'm game.. .I've had enough....any of you willing to participate?

Hi
I had a similar experience with Parker and others affiliated with them, I can't believe they can get away with it. You are right, there are many more agents out there who have had the same experience. Keep me post'd.

Are you sitting down?

Wait until I tell you what happened today, when I called Parker and my FMO. You are not going to believe it.

First off, I get a call from Kingdom Financial, who sent me a mailer last month, wanting me to write MA Plans with them. We've been playing telephone tag, up until today. They tell me that they'd love to have me, but they don't want to disrespect my current FMO, and that, unless I get a release from my FMO, that they will back off, until the time is right. Very professional of them. They also explain about commissions, and how they are paid. They don't pay any upfront, and I get paid directly from the insurance company, on some plans, it is a 6 week wait, and on others, it is 2 weeks.

So, that call ends, and I get on the horn with Parker, ready to give them a piece of my mind. I wind up speaking to Suzy Box, who gets back to me within 10 minutes, and tells me that my money has already been released to my FMO (my applicants have all passed the grouch report).

So, that call ends, and I get on the horn with my FMO. I make four attempts to get someone, but the two people I need to talk to are too busy when I call. That's rather odd, because for the past 7 years I've known them, that's never happened. Finally, on the fifth attempt, I get the DM, and he lays into me, when I ask for my "hold back" money. He tells me that I should let them keep that as "a cushion" for any future sales, and that if I request all my hold back money, he will release me, and won't let me recertify with them. He then tells me he wants producers, not whiners.

I then call back, for his assistant, the one who handles the commissions, and diplomatically tell her that I want all my "hold back" money, knowing that I will be released. She tells me that she hasn't finished her review of the report, but will call me as soon as my sales are verified.

When I hear back from her, and go and get the money, I'm going to ask for a release, on paper. Then, I'm going to contact Kingdom, and tell them I'm ready to sell for them.

Between then and now, it's Med Supp sales.

I'm just :no: stunned that my FMO, whom I've praised on another forum, would turn on me like that. I'm still writing World Med Supps and Health Insurance through them, but this just threw me for a loop.

What is the name of the FMO involved?

The FMO was Diversified Insurance Services, located in Norcross, Ga. I have since patched things up with them, and they are no longer associated with Parker and Associates.

I was able to get released from Parker and Associates, thanks in very large part to a woman by the name of Paige Joyner, who at the time was with Coventry, here in Atlanta. She has since left the industry (not because of this situation), and is still a friend of mine.

I did get appointed with Kingdom Group, and they have treated, paid, and educated me well. I get paid by the insurance companies, and have never had a commission problem. That's been 2008 to present (Nov. 2010).

I still do FE through Diversified.

The only thing I miss is seeing Gloria Mora (hamana hamana hamana)

The FMO was Diversified Insurance Services, located in Norcross, Ga. I have since patched things up with them, and they are no longer associated with Parker and Associates.

I was able to get released from Parker and Associates, thanks in very large part to a woman by the name of Paige Joyner, who at the time was with Coventry, here in Atlanta. She has since left the industry (not because of this situation), and is still a friend of mine.

I did get appointed with Kingdom Group, and they have treated, paid, and educated me well. I get paid by the insurance companies, and have never had a commission problem. That's been 2008 to present (Nov. 2010).

I still do FE through Diversified.

The only thing I miss is seeing Gloria Mora (hamana hamana hamana)
Hey Bob, does kingdom insurance group vest from day 1?

Back