Part A and B effective date different.

usakr

Guru
100+ Post Club
Clients part B effective date is this coming July. His part A was last October. Is he Icep or SEP for advantage plan?

Is Part B in July due to enrolling during GEP? If yes, then there isn't a mapd option.

If it is due to LEC or another SEP then you are in luck...

Clients part B effective date is this coming July. His part A was last October. Is he Icep or SEP for advantage plan?

Is Part B in July due to enrolling during GEP? If yes, then there isn't a mapd option.

I believe the ICEP is the three months prior to the Part B effective date.

Medicare Advantage Enrollment

The things I can find just say that a person must have both Part A and Part B to be eligible for an MAPD. And that the ICEP relates to the date when they are first eligible for both. I do not see any mention that the first eligibility for Part B is required to be penalty free.

Icep is the enrollment period dates are different. If they are coming off group coverage I usually use sep LEC "loss of employer coverage" to try and prevent a penalty for late part d enrollment.

I believe the ICEP is the three months prior to the Part B effective date.

Medicare Advantage Enrollment

The things I can find just say that a person must have both Part A and Part B to be eligible for an MAPD. And that the ICEP relates to the date when they are first eligible for both. I do not see any mention that the first eligibility for Part B is required to be penalty free.

And you would be wrong. But thanks for playing. We have a nice parting gift for you, just contact the forum secretary and she'll make sure to get it to you...

Icep is the enrollment period dates are different. If they are coming off group coverage I usually use sep LEC "loss of employer coverage" to try and prevent a penalty for late part d enrollment.

But if they aren't leaving employer group, LEC, and merely delayed due to not wanting B yet, and picked up B during general election period, then there is no ICEP.

And you would be wrong. But thanks for playing. We have a nice parting gift for you, just contact the forum secretary and she'll make sure to get it to you...

So you are saying that CMS does not know the rules for MAPD enrollment?

So you are saying that CMS does not know the rules for MAPD enrollment?

I’m saying you don’t.

I’m applying the rules to this situation.

Did you enjoy the steak knives? (Assuming that that’s what Sam still uses for the parting gift...)

I’m saying you don’t.

I’m applying the rules to this situation.

Did you enjoy the steak knives? (Assuming that that’s what Sam still uses for the parting gift...)

CMS cites your specific example and says you are wrong.

CMS cites your specific example and says you are wrong.

No they don’t.

(I hope they didn’t change the parting gift back to the insurance-forums logo mug. I always that that was a little cheap and cost more to ship than it was worth. We have too many coffee mugs as it is!)

Back