Part C &D Levelized Commissions?

MedSuppPro

Guru
1000 Post Club
Part C & D Levelized Commissions?

Is the level commission structure proposed or is it the law for 2009 plan year?

"Commissions for sales agents and brokers would be level across all years and across all MA products (HMOs, PPOs and PFFS plans) and Prescription Drug Plans to discourage “churning,” or changing beneficiaries’ plans each year to maximize commissions."

So is it law or is it proposed? Some say they are waiting on CMS to rule. Then others claim it is going to happen for plan year 2009. Does anybody have the answer?

Last edited:
Is the level commission structure proposed or is it the law for 2009 plan year?

"Commissions for sales agents and brokers would be level across all years and across all MA products (HMOs, PPOs and PFFS plans) and Prescription Drug Plans to discourage “churning,” or changing beneficiaries’ plans each year to maximize commissions."

So is it law or is it proposed? Some say they are waiting on CMS to rule. Then others claim it is going to happen for plan year 2009. Does anybody have the answer?
It was proposed; now it's law.

Rick

I don't follow MA to close anymore, however what is the proper way for an agent to seek out MA business. How do you market yourself and the MA product?

Lots of rules Hoosier, and for the coming year they have made marketing even tougher. Best place to really learn will be in the upcoming certifications we all have to do for every company we sell MA's for.

Metoo. I am an annuity salesman, but I really enjoy the Medicare work. I carry a lot of products so I can always offer what is best for the customer. It generally feels like good work...

But, certifying for multiple companies is lots of fun and something I really look forward to ;)

Best thing that ever happened.

Hopefully that will get rid of the "fast buck seekers" and put senior insurance back in the hands of those who know what they are doing.

I couldn't agree more. We had more new and fly by night agents the last 18 months than I care to remember. The crap they pulled and rules they broke and stretched, not to mention the misinformation they spread...

I couldn't agree more. We had more new and fly by night agents the last 18 months than I care to remember. The crap they pulled and rules they broke and stretched, not to mention the misinformation they spread...

I agree with that, but, they should handle those agents. Not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I know many, many agents that are diligently doing their job. They are explaining options and doing what's best for the clients. There is nothing wrong with them being compensated for their work.

The MA program has been a godsend for millions of seniors. It's saved them thousands of dollars individually, but, more importantly, it's gotten needed care to many that could not get care before because they couldn't pay the 20%.

This battle is just taking shape. The seniors don't even know that the benefits they have are being taken from them. There will be a huge backlash once they realize what's happened.

There should be more oversight, there should be a standardization of the plans, there should be a weeding out of the bad agents.

Back