Part C is for the birds.

:goofy:And possibly underage disability, but thats all!

And maybe for those who can't qualify or pay for a supp. But that is all!

(I know some states have a guar issue period every year, but most are not like that).

Last edited:
Not true in a large metropolitan area. In the Philadelphia 5-county area Part C is a big seller with market share dominated by BX but some strong competition from Aetna. Selling med supp in this are is really tough.

MA MA All the way! Rah Rah. It's much better than only having Medicare A&B, Helps cut down on double billing fraud, with extra benefits. Zero premium and part D. Covers deductibles. I could go on . Yes the hospitals and Doctors can be limited, but if they use it correctly it works great for most people. In Chicago, the plan I contract with has great benefits, plenty of hospitals, Transportation, and super customer service. As long as you present it for what it is, and do the right thing for the client it works fine. It gets a bad rap because of bad reps who get greedy and hurt seniors. Unfortunately there are plenty of those in every sector of the insurance business.

DanDan:

Clearly you have limited experience in the senior market to make such an ill informed statement.

Whether you like MA or not, every insurance plan has its merits and bad points.

Rick

Not true in a large metropolitan area. In the Philadelphia 5-county area Part C is a big seller with market share dominated by BX but some strong competition from Aetna. Selling med supp in this are is really tough.

I agree that it depends on the area. In major metros generally MA seems to be a better option, and supps tend to be higher priced in those areas. However, in some rural areas, Supps aren't that much more expensive than MAPD premiums. Rick is right that nothing is one size fits all. My comments had as much to do with the regulations and political issues surrounding MA as they did actual benefits, which in many cases are quite good.

Green Sky,

I have been in the senior insurance business since 1982. I now work approximately 20 hrs a week, averaging 7 new clients per week. I have watched my renewals sky rocket by doing what is best for my customers. I cannot remember when my last cancellation was.

I may not express myself in writing as clearly as you, but I assure you that is not what makes a salesman.

I have trained many agents over the years, highschool drop-outs, college graduates, retired business owners etc.

It was my Opinion about part C, I never said it was yours, or anybody elses, Just MY opinion.

I also stated earlier that we agents are being used, and I stand by that. If part C sticks around the senior producers will have to produce something else. If it gets a strong understanding by seniors, Medicare will start enrolling direct, online which is available now and they will start mailing out direct during open enrollment.

Green Sky,

I have been in the senior insurance business since 1982. I now work approximately 20 hrs a week, averaging 7 new clients per week. I have watched my renewals sky rocket by doing what is best for my customers. I cannot remember when my last cancellation was.

I may not express myself in writing as clearly as you, but I assure you that is not what makes a salesman.

I have trained many agents over the years, highschool drop-outs, college graduates, retired business owners etc.

It was my Opinion about part C, I never said it was yours, or anybody elses, Just MY opinion.

I also stated earlier that we agents are being used, and I stand by that. If part C sticks around the senior producers will have to produce something else. If it gets a strong understanding by seniors, Medicare will start enrolling direct, online which is available now and they will start mailing out direct during open enrollment.

What state are you in dandan? (not tom tom?) :laugh:

What you say about going direct makes some sense and will probably catch on more once more tech savvy boomers and others age in. But I know of people that are barely 50 that can't turn a computer on as well.

And with the nature of MA, saying "if it gets a strong understanding by seniors" is just that, a big IF, especially considering many agents contracted to sell MA up until now haven't had a strong understanding of it themselves, IMO.

I am in the Atlanta area, and I didn't just mention online enrolling. I think they will give them choices by mail and let them call direect or mail enrollments to Medicare.

Back