Part D Changes in Budget Resolution

Isn’t this just shuffling the deck chairs? It doesn’t seem to change much.
If the drug companies have to cover 70% instead of 50%, won’t they just increase drug cost? Passing the cost onto insurance companies and the insured

This doesn't fit here, but I'll put it here anyway. Don't know if anyone's seen this. 1st Plan F, now........A Medicare Benefits Update Could Cut Medigap Sales: GAO

“"While beneficiaries who drop their supplemental insurance would then need to pay all their Medicare cost-sharing responsibilities, those might be less than their annual premium for supplemental insurance," Cosgrove writes.”

Law makers don’t understand much. If they make a cap on Medicare, guess what happens the medigap premiums? Thus people will still keep them. They obviously don’t understand that.

This doesn't fit here, but I'll put it here anyway. Don't know if anyone's seen this. 1st Plan F, now........A Medicare Benefits Update Could Cut Medigap Sales: GAO
"If the Medicare fee-for-service program offered enrollees the kind of annual out-of-pocket spending cap that Affordable Care Act-compliant private major medical plans now provide, "the addition of an annual cap would reduce the need of some beneficiaries to purchase supplemental insurance," James Cosgrove, a GAO director, writes in a new GAO report"

I read this in the article, Not sure what that means, I have ACA and pay more for My ins and have huge deductible I never had before, I mean I cant even go to the doctor without paying towards deductible.

I am not understanding how that will eliminate the need for a supplement?

Unless they maen Medicare itself will cost so much more there will be nothing left to pay for a supplement that would make more sense

"If the Medicare fee-for-service program offered enrollees the kind of annual out-of-pocket spending cap that Affordable Care Act-compliant private major medical plans now provide, "the addition of an annual cap would reduce the need of some beneficiaries to purchase supplemental insurance," James Cosgrove, a GAO director, writes in a new GAO report"

I read this in the article, Not sure what that means, I have ACA and pay more for My ins and have huge deductible I never had before, I mean I cant even go to the doctor without paying towards deductible.

Unless they maen Medicare itself will cost so much more there will be nothing left to pay for a supplement that would make more sense

Putting a cap on Medicare OOP will increase the costs. But when our former *** in chief complained that people can't have plans that have no cap he must have been talking about Medicare. Only a moron would know that commercial insurance almost always has an annual cap. (Oh yeah, answered my own comment).

From a fairness standpoint, why is it someone at 64 has a 6,300 cap but at 65 no cap?

Of course, despite what I sell I still believe Medicare along with all government health programs are unconstitutional. But that's never stopped DC from doing what they want.

Rick

It means that the Government should LEAVE IT THE F*CK ALONE!!! :yes:

Back