Part D deductible transfers

Ilovetapatio

If you've met the '19 deductible on a plan and you switch to another plan with the same deductible would you pay it again? If not, can anyone link me CMS literature to reflect this? I've been though all of the CMS/Medicare paperwork and pdfs I could find and it's not specifically outlined

Correct. I am not interested in the answer to the question. Just the proof to support it. Like I just said

I don't want carrier specific though. And none of them quote cms. Beginning to think it didn't exist. Which is fine but I have to know for sure.

You can usually take Chazm's posts to the bank, but I wouldn't think PDP deductibles are transferable since they are carrier and plan specific.

I also doubt you will find your "proof" one way or the other.

How do you KNOW none of them quote CMS regs? Have you called all of them? Have you called any of them? Or do you just KNOW they won't give the answer you seek?

Since you don't believe carriers, why would you believe strangers on a forum? Have you called 1-800-MEDICARE or do you believe they won't know the answer either?

WHY do you HAVE to know for sure? Is there an E&O claim in the works? Have you told a client the deductible does carry over and it didn't?

Is this you?
George (@ilovetapatio) • Instagram photos and videos

ilovetapatio (@ilovetapatio) | Twitter

Last edited:
I have switched people before a change of address and whatnot

The deductible is transferable, It is a Medicare deductible the part that is carrier specific is how much the Ins company pays towards deductible

While some carriers can choose to have a lower deductible or non at all, it still follows the part D stages in regards to Deductible-initial coverage- Gap- catastrophic.
When someone changes plans, it doesn’t matter what stage you are in, it carries over. That way people can’t just hit the Gap and if they have an SEP just change plans and start over.

Back