Part Time - how Many Leads ? Weekly

sharewic1

Expert
So I signed up with symmetry. I really think it will work with my schedule.
I doing my training now but I thinking about leads and what to order b/c I'm starting part time.
I know the majority of my leads will be the older .50 cents until i can afford more.
How many should I order weekly ?
I was thinking 15-20
Or should I ask, how many should I order weekly if I want to close 3-5 a week ?
Realistically I believe I can make 5-6 calls a day so I guess 30 leads a week ??

So I signed up with symmetry. I really think it will work with my schedule.
I doing my training now but I thinking about leads and what to order b/c I'm starting part time.
I know the majority of my leads will be the older .50 cents until i can afford more.
How many should I order weekly ?
I was thinking 15-20
Or should I ask, how many should I order weekly if I want to close 3-5 a week ?
Realistically I believe I can make 5-6 calls a day so I guess 30 leads a week ??

no clue, what are you selling and how are you selling it? Phone, Face to Face, why would you pay them for old leads they should give them to you, someone else already worked them and paid for them, if you only can make 6 calls per day I would not bother getting started, I can make 6 calls in 5 mins,

no clue, what are you selling and how are you selling it? Phone, Face to Face, why would you pay them for old leads they should give them to you, someone else already worked them and paid for them, if you only can make 6 calls per day I would not bother getting started, I can make 6 calls in 5 mins,

Mortgage protection / F2F/
I work full time so I would make calls on lunch and after work so I would have 2 hours a day to make calls. I am trying to realistic but I am also very new to this. Yeah I can probably make more than 6 now that I think about it.

They call them bonus leads -- I thought they were leads nobody had ordered and we're old but you are saying they are leads people have paid for and worked but didn't close???
Please again are bonus leads not worth my time.

This isnt a part-time business, despite what some sales manager (who is paid per hire) is telling you. From a logistical standpoint, it will not work for many different reasons.

To get a bit deeper, insurance is a financial product. It is not like selling a cell phone. Your advice will be affecting peoples financial future. Would you personally take financial advice from someone who is a "2 hour per day part-timer" with zero experience??

An established experienced agent who has spent years learning the business can work part-time effectively. A newby cant learn what they need to by just making calls for 2 hours per day. Not only will you fail & waste your time/money, but you risk putting families in a product or situation that is not suitable for them.

If you had 4-6 hours per day to spend both calling and studying, then I would say it is possible. At 2 hours per day... and during lunch at that... no way.

This isnt a part-time business, despite what some sales manager (who is paid per hire) is telling you. From a logistical standpoint, it will not work for many different reasons.

To get a bit deeper, insurance is a financial product. It is not like selling a cell phone. Your advice will be affecting peoples financial future. Would you personally take financial advice from someone who is a "2 hour per day part-timer" with zero experience??

An established experienced agent who has spent years learning the business can work part-time effectively. A newby cant learn what they need to by just making calls for 2 hours per day. Not only will you fail & waste your time/money, but you risk putting families in a product or situation that is not suitable for them.

If you had 4-6 hours per day to spend both calling and studying, then I would say it is possible. At 2 hours per day... and during lunch at that... no way.

I agree on this. I have worked the business for over 8 years and make over 100 or more in an 8 hour period working 5 days a week sometimes on the weekend as well. I quote each person after I make my calls, but even that can be difficult to do. A lot of times the client wants you to explain the coverages and look at different quotes to compare apples to apples. It's not an easy job.

Part-time will not get you the 5 sales you need for the week. You are better working full-time and study early morning or after work hours, if you can swing it.

Mortgage protection / F2F/
I work full time so I would make calls on lunch and after work so I would have 2 hours a day to make calls. I am trying to realistic but I am also very new to this. Yeah I can probably make more than 6 now that I think about it.

They call them bonus leads -- I thought they were leads nobody had ordered and we're old but you are saying they are leads people have paid for and worked but didn't close???
Please again are bonus leads not worth my time.

this is what I would do look up Jeff Root and his system, or selltermlife.com, you can make this work but its not going to be easy, if your in the EST zone you could pick States in the western part of the country and sell and call after work, but understand you will be giving up your free time after work to do this, and it really comes down too how much income do you need to replace

While I completely respect this opinion, I know several guys that do just fine part time. They are working their full time careers building their ins business on the side and plan to eventually go full time. Obviously training/mentoring is probably a big part of you having success if part time (heck it is if full time for that matter). They sell mostly term life, which in and of itself isn't that hard to learn. Now as to whether that is the right product for each person they meet with, that is a different conversation.

I know a guy who doesn't even sell himself. He just gets folks interested and passes them along to his mentor and they split the case. He's so comfortable doing this - its all he does... and for many years.

Yes, ft is much better... you will collapse the learning curve, but it can be done part time. If you go that route, find a good mentor and be a student of the business.

Follow up with your up line/ key leader, they will do the numbers with you. Follow the Symmetry system it works. I've been running their system almost 2 years its simple and easy and it works.

While I completely respect this opinion, I know several guys that do just fine part time. They are working their full time careers building their ins business on the side and plan to eventually go full time. Obviously training/mentoring is probably a big part of you having success if part time (heck it is if full time for that matter). They sell mostly term life, which in and of itself isn't that hard to learn. Now as to whether that is the right product for each person they meet with, that is a different conversation.

I know a guy who doesn't even sell himself. He just gets folks interested and passes them along to his mentor and they split the case. He's so comfortable doing this - its all he does... and for many years.

Yes, ft is much better... you will collapse the learning curve, but it can be done part time. If you go that route, find a good mentor and be a student of the business.

Working 1 hour at lunch and 1 hour in the evening is going to be near impossible to make it work. jmo

I would guess that those part-timers you speak of spent more time than that when it came to both education & sales. At least during the first few months.

Also, lunch is either the best time to reach someone or the worst time to reach someone. In my experience, most white collar workers would rather talk during office hours and not at lunch. So I think he is going to have a very difficult time getting people on the phone for a 15-30min conversation.

Also, working leads means being flexible on hours you can call. Maybe Im wrong, but I would guess the part timers you speak of do natural marketing and are not buying leads.

jmo

Thanks pfg1, you said it better than I could have. I read a lot of posts on this forum and for every person that says it can't be done PT there is someone that is doing it Pt and doing just fine. Plus you have to start somewhere.
In regards to my schedule i am off all day in Thursday and I plan on setting appointmments for that and making calls M-W after work.
I was only including lunch to maximize all my available time but I guess I made to rule that time out. I did give my upline my availability before contracting and she agrees it is doable.

Back