Part Time - how Many Leads ? Weekly

Thanks pfg1, you said it better than I could have. I read a lot of posts on this forum and for every person that says it can't be done PT there is someone that is doing it Pt and doing just fine. Plus you have to start somewhere. In regards to my schedule i am off all day in Thursday and I plan on setting appointmments for that and making calls M-W after work. I was only including lunch to maximize all my available time but I guess I made to rule that time out. I did give my upline my availability before contracting and she agrees it is doable.
I started with Asurea which is another IMO Brian Pope has. Same exact thing.

With that being said, I gotta tell you you can't work part time if you're only working B leads. I started with 4 other agents and we all had to dial 20 hours a week MINIMUM on the B leads just to get 2-3 sales. They're B leads for a reason.

But, like 99% of the new agents that come on here, you won't listen to us and you'll do what you want & in a month you'll be asking for more advise...

So I signed up with symmetry. I really think it will work with my schedule.
I doing my training now but I thinking about leads and what to order b/c I'm starting part time.
I know the majority of my leads will be the older .50 cents until i can afford more.
How many should I order weekly ?
I was thinking 15-20
Or should I ask, how many should I order weekly if I want to close 3-5 a week ?
Realistically I believe I can make 5-6 calls a day so I guess 30 leads a week ??

Yes, part time can work. Unfortunately, your IMO/up line has you taking a big cut in comp and this will only make things harder!

Last edited by a moderator:
With those $.50 leads you are going to need to put in a lot more work trying to make appointments. Trust me, I'm with symmetry and have had to get those leads before. Good luck.

I finished listening to the sales calls and i emailed my manager and she agrees with you guys.
So I guess I will buy as many 5A and 4Aleads I can afford.

Thanks guys

1) Find another IMO.

2) I am living proof one can sell final expense successfully part time.

I started the business while working my other business (personal training), and again when I restarted in the business after flunking out while working a full-time corporate sales job.

Of course, I had a (a) the tenacity to succeed, and (b), the work ethic requires to make it happen.

From personal experience, most won't pay the price to make it work, thus the requirement of needing "to give a full-time effort to a part-time commitment."

1) Find another IMO.

2) I am living proof one can sell final expense successfully part time.

I started the business while working my other business (personal training), and again when I restarted in the business after flunking out while working a full-time corporate sales job.

Of course, I had a (a) the tenacity to succeed, and (b), the work ethic requires to make it happen.

From personal experience, most won't pay the price to make it work, thus the requirement of needing "to give a full-time effort to a part-time commitment."

What IMO do you suggest for final expense? I've been thinking about going that route.

Thanks pfg1, you said it better than I could have. I read a lot of posts on this forum and for every person that says it can't be done PT there is someone that is doing it Pt and doing just fine. Plus you have to start somewhere.
In regards to my schedule i am off all day in Thursday and I plan on setting appointments for that and making calls M-W after work.
I was only including lunch to maximize all my available time but I guess I made to rule that time out. I did give my upline my availability before contracting and she agrees it is doable.

It is doable, but you will have to will yourself over the goal line.

You have to ask yourself "how badly do I want to make this work?" Just be honest with yourself and you will know what to do.

I started in the business as a full timer with a lot of support in 1985. However, when I reentered the business in 2003, I had three part-time jobs and worked my business whenever I could. Eventually I had enough renewals to quit one job and then another and finally I quit the last one a few months before my younger son was born in 2005. (That was really cool. I was able to spend a lot of time with my wife just before she delivered and right afterwards.)

Reentering the business was tough, but it was easier than the challenge ahead of you. Starting from scratch with limited time will be an uphill battle that will seem to go on forever.

However your level of motivation and discipline will determine your outcome, not your experience level.

Lunch time might be a better time to study than to make sales calls, but don't rule out using any available time to take another step towards your goal. I spent my time on the commuter train working on my laptop when I started my agency and in general used almost every minute I could stay awake and wasn't otherwise committed, to do something that moved me toward my goal.

You may be able to find a free source of leads in the library or your town clerk's office. Although at 50 cents a leads, you are probably better off spending the money for the leads you are offered.

Good luck.

Back