Part Time Jobs When Getting Started

Ask the fat jerk how he started part time then ended up become full time.

Actually I think he is a part time agent, part time lead vendor, part time agent mentor now.

Wow! What a great contribution to the discussion. You really had something to add Hidey.. :nah:

I was recently laid off from a salaried position in the workforce where I was making about 45K annually.

I have a strong desire to work for myself as an entrepreneur and independent agent without clocking in and working a 9-5, so I am going to utilize my 2-15 and start practicing as an agent.

That being said, I do have a mortgage to pay and do not underestimate the work that will go into establishing consistent business. In the meantime, I'm thinking of getting a part-time job where I can work evenings. I'm 25 years old with a Bachelors Degree in Business Management, and all of my post-secondary experience has been in B2B sales. While I begin my insurance career, I'm open to any suggestions (hotels/hospitality, warehouse work) -- can anyone relate to my situation and recommend jobs I may want to look for to work part time while I utilize the first portion of my day to practice insurance?

You might be better off to concentrate on finding a full time job and working part time in the insurance business until you get established and have some money saved up and some renewal or pay through income flowing. Once you find a job that will pay the bills and keep the pressure off, then you can pick the insurance market that will allow you to work around your job schedule. Wish you great success.

The market you work depends on whether you get part time day job or night job.

Ages 67 and up you can usually find home during the day.
Ages 66 and under are best to find home after 3pm.

I build my medicare supplement book by day, and supplement my income by generating P&C leads door to door for a captive shop in the evenings.

What methods did you use to build your book originally?

I build my medicare supplement book by day, and supplement my income by generating P&C leads door to door for a captive shop in the evenings.

How did you find the P&C gig? Do they give you referrals for your medicare supplement business?

How did you find the P&C gig? Do they give you referrals for your medicare supplement business?
It was one of those slow days on the dialer where I found myself scanning the want ads on Craiglist.

No referrals, but he pays me an average of $20hr plus $3 dollars a lead. I usually grab somewhere between 5-10 leads a day working a few hours in the evenings and on Saturday.

Seriously considering getting my P&C license and just cross-sell everything else.

----------

What methods did you use to build your book originally?
Just got a dialer, a list and started cold calling.

It was one of those slow days on the dialer where I found myself scanning the want ads on Craiglist. No referrals, but he pays me an average of $20hr plus $3 dollars a lead. I usually grab somewhere between 5-10 leads a day working a few hours in the evenings and on Saturday. Seriously considering getting my P&C license and just cross-sell everything else. ---------- Just got a dialer, a list and started cold calling.

Dude. If you are willing to go door to door to generate leads for someone else you are crazy!

Get your P&C license!

----------

Dude. If you are willing to go door to door to generate leads for someone else you are crazy! Get your P&C license!

If you had a book of P&C clients as well as a book of Medicare clients ... You could do really well marketing to your own B.O.B.

Jimmy UT just jumped into P&C, I would hit him up.

Id recommend contacting Jimmy UT, he can work with you as he has been around for a while and is an honest good guy...he just launched p&c, if I were looking at p&c he would be my first call.

Ignore hide a ho....she is nuts and an ill informed crook.

Id recommend contacting Jimmy UT, he can work with you as he has been around for a while and is an honest good guy...he just launched p&c, if I were looking at p&c he would be my first call.

Ignore hide a ho....she is nuts and an ill informed crook.

What've you got against Ho's? I thought Pimps liked Ho's.:err:

Take a look at selling mattresses. I'm not kidding. Major retailers usually pay base or draw plus commission. If you are a decent salesperson, many will even let you work a 4 or 3 day week.

On a 4 day week in a good store, you can about what you were making. That will leave 3 days to build your business.

Latest posts

Back