Participating Whole Life Insurance Comparison

BNTRS

Guru
1000 Post Club
Vermont
All right, as a follow up to the IUL post we had. Here's the comparison for whole life insurance. This one takes a lot longer because we're comparing blended whole life (where available) or at the very least, heavily paid-up addition designed whole life insurance.

I am missing a few that I'm working on getting added to the list and I may decide to add Mass's 10 Pay to compare to Guardian's 10 Pay, and add some of Guardian's other products.

I also realize that I probably should have assumed a male age 40, but made the mistake of assuming a male age 30 making it extremely difficult to compare to the IUL results and to compare to Blease. Which at first I liked, but now I'm not so crazy about.

Enjoy.

Whole Life Insurance Income Comparison

BNTRS what is the deal with Ameritas? Are they trying to be a company known for their whole life? Do they have any competitive advantage or "sweet spot" with their product?

I still keep their GA kit in my file in case I ever change my mind on them. They just seemed so blah.

BNTRS what is the deal with Ameritas? Are they trying to be a company known for their whole life? Do they have any competitive advantage or "sweet spot" with their product?

I still keep their GA kit in my file in case I ever change my mind on them. They just seemed so blah.

The financials are a tad iffy. One niche is a paid up at age 120 product that is really cheaply priced. I'm not sure if this is still around given the new CSO rollout, but if it is I'm guessing it's not long for the world.

Brandon, I get $36,400 income on Prestige Max and a little better than your number on Xcel. It looks like your "initial death benefit" is actually end -of-first-year DB, which might make sense assuming an initial purchase of PUA DB.

I think something is askew with the Mass numbers. It shows over a half-million more dollars in total income than Xcel. Also, 178k DB at 100 and 3.6 MILLION at 120?

All right, as a follow up to the IUL post we had. Here's the comparison for whole life insurance. This one takes a lot longer because we're comparing blended whole life (where available) or at the very least, heavily paid-up addition designed whole life insurance.

I am missing a few that I'm working on getting added to the list and I may decide to add Mass's 10 Pay to compare to Guardian's 10 Pay, and add some of Guardian's other products.

I also realize that I probably should have assumed a male age 40, but made the mistake of assuming a male age 30 making it extremely difficult to compare to the IUL results and to compare to Blease. Which at first I liked, but now I'm not so crazy about.

Enjoy.

Whole Life Insurance Income Comparison

Don't understand the need for the big negative crapola you start out with slamming other agents. May be true but makes you look bad. Negativity has no place in sales.

"We’ve encountered plenty of licensed agents who couldn’t wrap their heads around what one can accomplish with this product (thankfully and sadly at the same time, many savvy consumers tend to show more mental flexing skills than these agents)."

Don't understand the need for the big negative crapola you start out with slamming other agents. May be true but makes you look bad. Negativity has no place in sales.

"We’ve encountered plenty of licensed agents who couldn’t wrap their heads around what one can accomplish with this product (thankfully and sadly at the same time, many savvy consumers tend to show more mental flexing skills than these agents)."

While it might be slightly negative, it is the absolute truth.

Just spend a while reading threads on here about WL & UL, especially for CV purposes.

While it might be slightly negative, it is the absolute truth.

Just spend a while reading threads on here about WL & UL, especially for CV purposes.

No doubt but when addressing clients do you bad mouth your competition? He is calling other agents idiots and they may well be but I think he would be better served to strike that part. Leave negativity out. Or at least rephrase it by saying he understands better then most agents. Just me opinion.

Sorry, been super busy.

Larry, I'd love to look at this more with you, give me a few days to get a few things done.

Mustfastpitch, I deal in truth and have received a lot of validation from clients about how underwhelming agents can be.

Keep in mind I deal in a niche that seeks to optimize cash value in a policy. A slight mistake or careless attitude can have substantially negative consequences long term. There's a number of agents who pay lip service to this idea, but have no idea how to do it correctly, or don't really care about doing it correctly.

I'm not an industry apologist.

I'm sort of bumping this to note that I've not forgotten, just haven't had a lot of time to spend on this through this week.

I've reviewed MassMutual can affirm there's no mistake taking place. What we have to keep in mind is that Mass currently has a pretty substantial gap between their div rate and loan interest rate, 2%. That's helping NDR explode.

I do want to spend time in the near future looking at ONL and I'll admit that due to their softwares...shall we say quirks, I could have spent more time like I normally do when designing a policy for someone.

I'm also going to be updating this whole thing in the near future as we work to incorporate other carriers into this. Met Life in particular just rolled out new products that I think will perform better in this comparison, though they may not follow the traditional blending design I'm known for advocating.

Back