Partnering with Transamerica?

SingingSabre

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello fellow agents, both indies and captives. Thanks for helping get me on the successful path to independence. I've been independent since February and enjoying every minute of it.

I had a guy from Transamerica call me wanting to partner up. I don't know jack about their reputation (I won't ally with crappy companies) and am interested in hearing any thoughts on them.

Thanks!

Congrats on making the move!

"teaming up with them", for what? If it is just life and annuities, suggest you look for a complete up line partner, such as Life Brokers.

Good Selling
Dave

I'll clarify.

"Teaming up with" means I have an agent who wants to refer business back and forth. That's all. I am just trying to get a feel for if their company is decent. They won't be the only company of this nature I team up with. I already work with a number of agents and brokers, but like to make sure the personalities and needs of clients work well with the person I'm sending them to.

Why do you "need" to team up with an agent who sells what you do? You should be able to write Transamerica business yourself. Good company, good pricing, slower than a slug underwriting. But that could be said about many companies these days.

From your last sentence I am confused a bit... you team up with a number of agents? Are you a GA? Do you write business?

Why do you "need" to team up with an agent who sells what you do? You should be able to write Transamerica business yourself. Good company, good pricing, slower than a slug underwriting. But that could be said about many companies these days.

From your last sentence I am confused a bit... you team up with a number of agents? Are you a GA? Do you write business?

I network with a number of life agents to write their P&C. That's all. I don't partner with just anyone, only with good agents.

Sure, I don't need to team up with them, but it's good for business, good for the community, and good for the client.

That said, I think I will jump on the Transamerica train.

Do you write for any P&C carriers that sell life insurance? I sell for Allied and then sell life for Nationwide. My clients get discounts on home and auto when writing life with Nationwide. I derive my P&C leads from mortgage brokers and sell the P&C and the L&H internally. Make a lot more money that way. We can't keep up. I have life guys that send us leads even though we don't refer back because they know we will take care of their clients and take good notes not to cross sell the life. Happy selling!

We also sell other financial products through other organizations other than just Nationwide for true independent price comparison and product match.

Do you write for any P&C carriers that sell life insurance? I sell for Allied and then sell life for Nationwide. My clients get discounts on home and auto when writing life with Nationwide. I derive my P&C leads from mortgage brokers and sell the P&C and the L&H internally. Make a lot more money that way. We can't keep up. I have life guys that send us leads even though we don't refer back because they know we will take care of their clients and take good notes not to cross sell the life. Happy selling!

We also sell other financial products through other organizations other than just Nationwide for true independent price comparison and product match.

Awesome tip.

Indeed I do sell Allied and will have access to Nationwide's portfolio. Apparently they have a unique indexed annuity coming out soon. I'll learn more about that once I get there, though. All in due time. :)

To answer your question Trans is a very strong company. 93 Comdex. Very competitive term, competitive UL/GUL too. Quality company.

Back