Party Bus - Markets?

Herkster

Guru
100+ Post Club
Okay, one of my insured's just bought a bus. Yep, a bus. He didn't want to rent one for his wedding, so he bought one. Now, I am tasked with trying to find coverage for it. 41 passenger, is going to rent it out, booze on board. Thoughts?

Got yourself a real good one there. We send those kind of clients to our competitor....let them waste their time trying to place it...then it lapses for non pay. Assigned risk would be our first choice also.

Got yourself a real good one there. We send those kind of clients to our competitor....let them waste their time trying to place it...then it lapses for non pay. Assigned risk would be our first choice also.

Well, it's a little easier than a party bus. One of our clients bought a bus for his wedding and wedding party. He isn't planning on renting it out, isn't altering the bus, so finding a market was a bit easier than I thought. Titan Victoria has a market for non-altered buses. Premium was relatively cheap as well.

I made sure to inform my customer that if he changes his plans at all, we'll need to revisit how to get it insured. The nice part, we have RAGBRAI annually, which is a bike ride across Iowa, and we found a couple people who own buses for that event. So, if he does decide to change his plans, we have contacts to call to see where they have their coverage at.

All clear for now, thanks!

Oh, not worried about him not paying his bill. Good customer.

Back