Passed Exam Continuing Ed

JasonH

Expert
va
I am a licensed P&C producer and just past the Life and Annuities & Health exam today. In VA we have to do continuing ed by Dec 31 each even numbered year. I am thinking if I wait to get licensed in Jan then I won't have to fulfill the education requirements for the Life & Health until the end of 2012. If I get my license in Dec then I would have to do it 2010. Is this correct or does it go by the date you passed the exam?

Thanks

1) why does it matter. At a minimum you have a year to do it.
2) if you have a sale that needs to be done in the next few weeks, just do it. If not, wait.

If a Life deal falls into your lap in January and you are not licensed or appointed, that little savings is going to look pretty expensive.

I am a licensed P&C producer and just past the Life and Annuities & Health exam today. In VA we have to do continuing ed by Dec 31 each even numbered year. I am thinking if I wait to get licensed in Jan then I won't have to fulfill the education requirements for the Life & Health until the end of 2012. If I get my license in Dec then I would have to do it 2010. Is this correct or does it go by the date you passed the exam?

Thanks

1) why does it matter. At a minimum you have a year to do it.
2) if you have a sale that needs to be done in the next few weeks, just do it. If not, wait.

If a Life deal falls into your lap in January and you are not licensed or appointed, that little savings is going to look pretty expensive.

Your right, I didn't know what the ED costs my current company pays for the P&C the L&H I will be on my own. After checking into the cost I would much rather get things rolling. I think its a minimum of 10 days to process the license app anyway.

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:
"I didn't know what the ED costs "

Several places where you can spend between $25-50 for continuing ed online. Just depends on how many hours for the class. Usually $25 per class and hours run from about 6 to 32.

"I didn't know what the ED costs "

Several places where you can spend between $25-50 for continuing ed online. Just depends on how many hours for the class. Usually $25 per class and hours run from about 6 to 32.

Thanks, I looked into it and it is cheap. Like I said my P&C is taking care of but I always receive CE training info in the mail offering classes that cost hundreds of dollars. So, I just assumed it cost a lot more. The more I think about it by the time I get my record check back and my license is processed it will probally be jan so I won't have to worry about it until 2012.

I appreciate the information

Jason

Back