Passed the Florida P&C Exam, I Need to Thank a Few of You!

Rick Deckard

Guru
100+ Post Club
I wanted to celebrate with a few of my new online friends and associates. many of you have reached out to help and encourage me. I just signed up for the P&C required class in Florida a few weeks ago. You are supposed to sit for 200 hours...basically 9-5 for 6 weeks in a class room...who has that kind of time or luxury. The alternative is 4-6 months of weekend classes/hours...OOF!

I'm happy to PM you the school, they have been around since Moby Dick was a Minnow and they were instrumental in helping me pass.

I want to thank everyone but especially those who have post counts in the 500-1,000+ range and still take the time to answer questions, direct people to information but folks like DHK, 1822, and so many others that I simply cannot remember their log in at the moment.

I learn so much in here, it's very empowering and makes me feel secure that I am going down the right path. I know a few of you wanted to talk to me prior to accepting a formal offer from an agency. I'm all ears but I do want to say that I feel lucky to have landed at an Indy Agency where they seem on the surface to be very appreciative of my skills and what I can bring to the table in terms of being a real producer.

I promise to continue to absorb and not act like a know it all. And I promise to take what I have learned and instruct or assist or help others, not just sales folks but real people I will be writing policies for.

I want you to know how very much I appreciate all that has been done for me here. And I'm excited about how much I will learn going forward.

How's class going? What part of Florida are you?

I passed the state exam in the last couple weeks, over 60% of folks who take the 2-20 here in Florida fail it the first time so I'm happy that is behind me. Almost everyone I work with say they took the test 2, 3 and 4 times...it is what it is.

I am in South Florida, North Palm Beach area, very fertile and expanding it seems. I was reading another 2 Million pouring into Florida by 2030, over 50,000 in the North Palm Beach area around PB Gardens and Jupiter area.

The rules are different here for sure. You can target homeowners with higher premiums so you don't have to land quite as many clients, the Commercial side is a mess though, lot of criminals masking as business professionals roaming the countryside down here.

Back