Passed Virginia Life Exam - Job Hunting

323insurance

I recently passed the Virginia life insurance exam and have a health insurance license. I also have a lot of experience in Human Resources. Does anyone know a good place that would provide training and teach the business of insurance? I would like to be paid a salary, but flexible to being 1099 consultant.

This has been covered a lot. Here's the most recent post I've made on the topic. http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...utual-omaha-vs-american-general-t16273-2.html

Most places aren't going to offer a salary in the L&H world. Some places that do P&C will but you're probably going to be looking at just commissions for a L&H. In my opinion most of the places I've seen offer a salary are some of the last places I'd want to be in the future. You'll be poor while you're getting started regardless of what you do. Would you rather be poor forever (small salary and small commissions) or eventually get to a better spot (no salary and large commissions).

I'd say the places worth looking at are Mutual of Omaha, Mass Mututal, Guardian, Metlife, just to name a few.

Most people on here will tell you to go indie, I like some of the benefits of having a larger agency behind me, especially starting out.

Back